First Day and Making up with Draco

The next day was Thankfully a Sunday, so we had an entire day to rest and explore the castle before classes started. I quickly dressed in a purple T-shirt, jeans and sneakers and put my hair up in a ponytail and went down to breakfast with Blaise and Serena. "So what do you guys want to do today?" Serena asked. Blaise and I just shrugged not really knowing. "I don't know, we could walk around the castle a bit and try and see where all our classes are located so we don't get lost tomorrow, then maybe we could go sit by the lake or go to the library?"I suggested. "I like that Idea. What about you Blaise?"Serena asked
"Yeah me too." Blaise agreed. After we finished breakfast, we went and explored the castle and found our classes. Most of our Professors were at their desks revising lesson plans for the first day tomorrow. We greeted them and Serena and I asked a few questions about what we need to know for tomorrow and if there was anything we could do to prepare or get extra credit. Most of our teachers told us that since we're first years we aren't really expected to know anything yet, but if we really wanted to we could read a few chapters in our textbooks that they will be covering the next day and take notes and hand them in at the end of the first lesson to be looked over and revised. Professor Snape told us to read our textbooks and to study and take notes since he will be quizzing our knowledge. He also looked at me very oddly the entire time,like he was in pain and terribly sad. When he looked at me the first time, he looked like someone had hit him in the face for a few seconds before switching between sadness and pain before he regained control of himself and looked at anything else accept me. I found this extremely odd and made a mental note to ask him about it at some point.

After that we went outside and sat under a tree near the lake. We talked a bit and got to know each other. Blaise told us that he lived with his Mum who is a Model and his new step dad, apparently his mum remarries a lot. "What about you Serena, what is your family's story? I know that you  and Draco are cousins. How are you two related?" I asked her. "Well my mum is Draco's dad's younger sister Cordelia Malfoy, she was Married to Draco's Mum's cousin Regulus Black, which makes me Serena Black." She answered with a smile. "Wow so you and Draco are like cousins twice over, that's really cool and weird."I said. She laughed. "Yeah the purebloods really like to intermarry amongst themselves to keep the bloodlines pure, and Since the Malfoy's and the Blacks are the two richest and most powerful pureblood families, a marriage between the two was very advantageous and when there happened to be both a male and female of similar age born in both families,they just couldn't resist betrothing them, they felt like it was fate or something. I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to betroth Draco and I yet, perhaps they thought it would be bad luck to betrothed a black and a Malfoy twice over."She said. I was appalled. "You're cousins literally twice over you're nearly siblings how could they betroth you?"I asked. "That doesn't bother these people,my grandmother Walburga Black married her second cousin Orion Black to keep the bloodline pure. They might be hesitant to marry us since we are first cousins twice over and there is already incest on our family, so they nigh be worried about deformaties in our children, but I can't be sure." She answered. "Wow okay. You also mentioned that you're mum was married to Regulus Black, so she isn't anymore? Are they divorced or something?" I asked. "No Rose, Divorce doesn't exist in these circles, they marry for power,wealth and status, to divorce would defeat the purpose of arranged marriage. No my dad died before I was born. He was apparently doing something for work and he died. My mom discovered that she was pregnant with me shortly afterwards. They were very young, they were 18 only just out of school. They were married in the summer a month after graduation." She said.

After that conversation we went to the library for a bit and looked around. I ended up in The Magical Creatures section and found Draco sitting at a table reading a book about Mer people. He looked up from his book just as I arrived in the section. I was just about to turn around and leave when he called out "Rose wait please!" I stopped and turned around because he was behaving like the Draco from the bookshop not the arrogant elitist Draco from the sorting. I sighed and crossed my arms. "What do you want Draco?" I asked. He just looked sad and said "To say that I'm sorry for my behaviour earlier, you don't know what my dad is like, I can't be seen bring friendly with bloodtraiters, like the Weasleys and Half bloods and muggleborns." He said. "Draco you do realize that I am half blood and so is Harry yet you and your parents seem to have no problems with you being friends with us." I said. "That's because you're brother is famous and can be influenced by his friendships, and well you're his sister plus you're in Slytherin." He explained. "So you're saying that you're only friends with me because my brother is famous." I said and felt oddly hurt by that. "No!" He said quickly " I am friends with you because I like you and think you're an interesting person, I actually didn't know that you were related to Harry Potter until the sorting hat announced your surname." He answered. I believed him. After learning from Serena how crazy these families are about blood purity it would make sense that they would raise their children to be the same,perhaps even threaten and punish them when they weren't,so I decided to forgive him. "Alright I forgive you,but no more insulting my brother or my friends" I told him. " I'll try." He agreed. I rolled my eyes because him saying he'll try basically meant he wasn't going to do it. I forsaw that this is going to be something we but heads over in the future, but I decided to cross that bridge when we come to it. I hugged him and we went and met up with Serena and Blaise and went back to the common room together.