2

Y/n and her parents arrived into their dome. 

"WHY did you say THAT about ME?" her mom asked her dad, closing the door behind her. 

"IT was JUST a JOKE!" her dad yelled back. "YOU could have JUST told me that-" 

Y/n ran straight to her room with her headphones that closed the door behind her. She took a deep breath, opened her eyes, and sat down in a chair. She put on her headphones, and used her phone to select a song.

While listening to the song, she gazed outside her window. She saw a few other domes, the sheep eating grass, and... Tom Kullersen? 

He had his back pressed to a dome, and looked back and forth. He didn't see her watching him, and quietly slipped away, out of her view. 

Y/n went to decided between two decisions. Option 1 was to ignore him, and go back to ignoring her parents. Option 2 was to follow him. 

In a matter of seconds, Y/n was out the door, and following the path that she guessed Tom took. Soon, she came across a line of sensory detectors. Since there was no way that Tom could go past it, she turned around to see if she could see any other path that he could have taken. 

No, but she saw Jun running towards her at a high speed. She skid to a stop when she saw Y/n. "Oh, Y/n." she said. "Hi!" 

"Hi." Y/n said. "Did you see Tom Kullersen come by here?"

 "Uh, no?" Jun said nervously. "Why?"

 "I saw him come by here." 

Jun laughed nervously. "I just got here, so no." Her eye started to twitch.

 "Ooookaaaay? I guess I'll see you later." 

"Bye!" Jun said, waving at her. Y/n walked to her dome, straight past her parents, who were still roaring at each other, and to her room. 

"That was weird." Y/n said aloud. She didn't think about that for much. She had more pressing issues. Tomorrow, she would have to stay in the visitor center with the other kids, for a few hours while their parents worked. 

She made sure to put her headphones and a book in her backpack, ready to be used throughout the hours. 

This couldn't end well.