1

Y/n Cooper stepped out of the helicopter onto the platform of ICARIS. She sees many constructions, along with many people. In the distance was a group of people coming towards her, to talk to her parents, who were arguing, again. 

"I SAID that we would come here TOMORROW!" yelled her mom. 

"SURE! THAT'S what you ALWAYS SAY!" his dad screamed back at her. 

They both got out of the helicopter, and saw the group of people, and finally calmed down. The person to reach them first was an adult woman, who introduced herself as Olivia Kullersen. 

"The founder of the Kullersen Fissure, if I remember correctly." Y/n's dad said. 

"Nice to meet you." her dad said shaking her hand. 

Y/n found it amazing how her parents can stop arguing whenever people show up, and quickly turn into a loving couple with a blink of an eye. No time to think about that now, since more people were coming over. 

A boy came up behind Olivia, with blue eyes and blond hair, matching Olivia's. "Brad and Fiona Cooper," Olivia said. "Nice to finally meet you. We hope to use your help to study the fissure." 

She gestures to the boy. "This is my son, Tom Kullersen." 

"Hi." Tom said. 

"There are other kids along with Tom." She points to the people walking over. Y/n sees that there are four other kids in the group. "Jun Wong," she says, pointing to a girl with black hair, tied in a bun, with violet eyes. "D'Angelo Baker," she points to a boy with black hair and brown eyes. "Alexandra Gonzalez," points to a girl with brown eyes and blond/brown hair tied in tow braids. "And Eugene Wong." she points to a boy who seems a lot older than the others, with black hair and brown eyes. 

"How wonderful." Y/n's mom said. "Friends for Y/n to be with." 

"Mom," Y/n says underneath her breath. "I don't need any friends." 

"She is always in her room, with her headphones on." her mom went on. 

"You don't think there is a reason I do that." Y/n mutters. 

"Well," Olivia says. "I hope that they all become good friends." Tom looked at his mom, with a weird expression on his face. 

The adults started to talk, and all the kids left, leaving Y/n staring out into the fissure. Wait, what was that. She stepped a bit closer, but couldn't see anything. Probably was just a drone. 

She looked out at ICARIS, the trees, and the sheep? Why was there a sheep here? Oh well. That didn't matter. What mattered how she was going to survive months here, with her "special" parents, and lonely hours (she assumed, seeing how the kids and her wanted nothing ot do with each other.) 

She will figure that out. She always did.