{💜Cursed Knowledge💜}

Donnie is preciousness embodied. That's it, that's the trigger warning.

No secret that Donnie and reader where close friends

No secret that Donnie and reader where close friends. More than he was than April or closer to any of his brothers. They shared everything ever since they met. No specific reason, other than they enjoyed each others presence. Science geek who rambles, and a clueless motherfucker who doesn't understand yet listens anyway.

Best duo the gods could have possibly created. The brothers knew this, everyone knew this. It became a running joke that if one of them wasn't around, the other wasn't either. And if they were, 'Where's you friend?', or in some cases, "Where's that one kid?"

It wasn't something that bothered Donnie, just that the repetition became overbearing at a certain point so he would just ignore the person who said it the most recent. Expect for Splinter, who had special privileges on the joke.

However one day, reader had not come down to the lair like usual, and didn't come around for the following week. Just as the turtles were gonna go search for her, she showed up and explained that work had been a pain and she didn't have the energy to come around. A fair reason to avoid social interaction, except Donnie didn't think so. It's a common theme with reader that despite being told to go to sleep and take care of herself, she would be stubborn and still make time for the turtles. Specifically him.

He tried mentioning it to the others but they either ignored him, or said that he was just sad his girlfriend didn't make time for him like always. Which, wasn't true. They weren't dating, but that didn't stop Don from getting embarrassed and retreat to his lab in defeat. At some point, Leo had caught onto what Donnie was saying.

"She's eating less than before Leo! She normally eats like she's alone at home and binge watching The Office!-" While ridiculous and humorous reasoning, his genius brother wasn't wrong. Reader had no shame before in eating the amount she wanted. Usually a lot, and due to metabolism, and her taller than average height by a few inches, she rarely gained weight.

Now she began claiming that she was full or had eaten before hand. Sometimes just flat out said she wasn't hungry. She began to look more exhausted too. Normally looking a decent amount of tired from working three twelves at a warehouse and gaining more than plenty for a small one bedroom apartment in New York.

"Hey Don, have you seen reader?" Mikey asked barging into the lab with a gaming controller in one hand. Raph came in the room right after and took note of the serious air.

"What's going on?"

"Donnie thinks somethings wrong with reader."

"This is news? She likes pineapple on pizza." While Mikey looked at his brother baffled.

"Hey! I'm a key defender of that preference!"

"Thought you didn't have one?"

"Not like that, meathead!" rolling his eyes Donnie stood up.