The Consequence

"Celestine..." the girl, who is lying on Seth's shoulder, whispered to his ear.

"Huh?" he replied in confusion while looking her in the eye.

"That's my real name, Celestine," she repeated.

"Celestine?" he echoed. "Beautiful."

"Thanks," she let out a soft yet gloomy smile, which Seth didn't see as she was getting out of bed. "So until next time?"

"Wait, you're leaving?" He watches the girl picking up her clothes.

"Aren't we done already?" she asked.

"Baby, we still have all night!"

Celestine stayed for that night as Seth ordered. That night, they did nothing, but make love to each other. Maybe that's not the right word to describe what they were doing, but that's what Celestine felt.

As they were both reaching their high point, the courtesan accidentally revealed something that was not supposed to be said. So by no surprise, the next morning she woke up in bed, cold and alone.

She remembered what she had said and instantly regretted it. She knows she shouldn't have said it, she was not allowed to feel that way by any means. It was wrong for her to feel that way. However, she wants to change for him. She wants to change into a better person. A person that he can be proud of.

Seth clearly heard what the girl had said that night. He was completely taken aback by her statement. He was not sure what to think. He never looked at the girl in any way other than a form of pleasure. He will never think of having a girl like her. Yes, she does satisfy him in bed, but outside the bedroom, it will be a shame to be seen with her. She's been used by numerous men after all.

"So what's been happening to you, bro?" Lucas asked his friend. "Still sleeping with Heaven?"

"She told me she loves me," Seth revealed. "What the fuck was she thinking?" He scorned. "That I would also fall for her?"

"Why did you have to go back?" Lucas asked, displaying his disappointment at his friend's action. "It was supposed to be a one-night thing and we were thinking you would back down, too."

"Y'all started it. If you didn't make me lose I wouldn't have met her."

Months have passed and Celestine never met Seth again. By this time, she had already left her job at the club and was now working a decent job as a server in a small restaurant. It doesn't pay as much, but at least it's a modest job. Since she didn't really get to go to school, she can only take jobs as a waiter, a janitor, or something in that area.

Celestine grew up without a family. She was abandoned when she was still an infant. Her mother gave birth to her in the alley next to Sin Island and the owner of the club found her there. He was the one who raised her not as a daughter, but more of a slave. That's why all her life she could do nothing, but work at the club. It was the only thing she knew how to do. Every night she was used as a toy by a different man. That all started when she was young. She could never say anything because she knew there would be punishments. Like being locked up in the closet or not eating for a whole day or more. She doesn't know what respect feels like, at least not until she met Seth. That's why she fell for him instantly even though it was wrong.

Celestine decided to leave the club without the owners knowing. She ran away to finally fight for herself. She always wanted to live differently, but she could not do that even if she left the place.

She knows that her boss will be furious once he finds out about her leaving. He might even hunt her down and drag her back to the club. However, she doesn't want to think about that anymore. All she wants is to get a decent life and so she did.