The Game

The story begins because of one annual game.

Every year a group of friends would hold an annual game, kind of like the Olympics. They call it the game of consequence. Of course, there would always be a winner and a loser.

It is named the game of consequence because whoever is the total loser (last placer), has to face the consequence of losing. Which is usually something daring and bold.

It is important to win first place because he will be the one to determine the consequence that the last placer would do and this could be anything. From climbing a street pole to dancing with no clothes on in front of a crowded place. The possibilities are endless.

However, this year the consequence of losing the game was by far the worst. Why? Because this year is the year the ace did not win the challenge. He lost the game for the first time. Not only has he never lost, but he also always ends up winning the annual game. That is why the others choose a game that is so difficult he will end up losing.

Every year the game has always been about sports. Sports like basketball, baseball, running, water sports, winter sports, etc. Seth, being the ace, always wins the game. His friends were getting tired of it. They also want to win, but most importantly they want Seth to get a taste of losing. They want him to lose so that for once he'd be the one to do the consequence and not the one to plan it. That is why his friends planned to do something that Seth is not good at.

Just like the consequence, the game of consequence didn't have any rules as to what type of game they could do. In fact, it was open to anything, so they thought. "How about doing something they have never done before?"

The group of friends would always have a poll of what game they should do a week before the game takes place. This year one of the friends volunteered something that is so bizarre, they know Seth will end up losing. They actually already planned this months ago without Seth's knowledge and they all also prepared for it. On this year's reunion, the game is going to be one they will never forget. There were only two options and one of them was swimming. As expected, when the poll closed the day before the game, only one of the friends chose swimming as the game. That's why the other option became the official game of this year. As everyone else was prepared they were not nervous about losing. They planned to set him up months ago so they had months of practice. However, Seth only had until the next day which is not enough. A day is never enough to learn how to bake. Yes, that's right. This year's game is baking. Something Seth is not good at.

"Oh, would you look at that!" Danny, one of his friends, said. "The ace is apparently not an ace in the kitchen."

"You all set me up!" Seth defended himself.

"Bro, what makes you say that?" Noah asked. "We would never do such a thing!"

"You're just salty 'cause you lost for the first time, Mr. Musician!" Lucas argued. "Or should we say Mr. Losician!"

"What the hell is that?" Danny asked.

"What?" Lucas asked in confusion.

"Mr. Losician?"

"Oh, it's a fusion of loser and musician together."

"Nevermind," Danny sighed then changed the topic to the most important part of the game. "So since I'm first place, you all should bow down to me!"

They all laughed at Danny's silliness.

"Hey, I'm serious! This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. You should be happy for me!"

"But there is something more important to discuss, right now," Ben, the tallest friend, said.

"Ben is right," Aiden, the youngest of the group, said.