snakes and vampires

"BOO." the voice that came from behind me was deep and gravelly, booming throughout the corridor.

i jumped, spinning around. i frowned as i recognized the guy from earlier that morning - the riddle guy. he grinned cheekily upon seeing my reaction.

"scared you, did i bumblebee?" he had a smug look on his face, seemingly proud of his feat. "you ran off pretty fast earlier. or should i say buzzed off?"

"yeah, i guess..." i shrugged, trying to stay polite despite my growing annoyance. plus his pun gave me second hand embarrassment. "you're riddle, right?"

his grin grew. "so you do remember me..." he cooed, tilting his head at me. i felt heat flush to my face despite myself. "how adorable."

"thanks, i guess." i swallowed whatever was in my throat, eyes looking everywhere but at him. fuck, there were too many hot people in hogwarts. "well, i should go..."

"go where hufflepuff? there are no more classes today." riddle stepped in front of me. "plus, i haven't got your name yet. let's hang out."

"it's y/n. y/n l/n. and i have to go study, so if you could just..." i gestured for him to move over, but it just seemed to make him more excited.

"i'll come with you. i don't mind waiting." he slung an arm over my shoulder. i guess he had a habit of doing that to people. "where are we headed? library? hufflepuff common room? your dorm?"

my answer was interrupted by some calls of "mattheo" and "riddle" from behind us. by the way the boy perked up from next to me at the names i assumed his name was mattheo. 

"fucking hell, riddle!" mattheo let go of me as he got smacked in the head by another boy i didn't recognize. the louis patridge boy and a boy i'd forgotten the name of but who was significant in the original story were soon to join our now-growing group. "we were looking for you everywhere! the fucking staircase changed right after you ran up them, you dick!"

the louis patridge boy seemed to recognize me from earlier - much to my horror in remembrance of the awkward encounter - and sent me a nod. the other boy, a tall and fit guy with a short buzz cut and chocolate brown skin just took me in, head to toe. i stiffened at their acknowledgments, feeling my face warm up.

"and who's this?" the boy who had previously been interrogating riddle stopped, finally noticing me. he looked from mattheo to me, and back and forth. "fuck, you playing mess with the hufflepuff without us?"

mattheo grinned. "not just any hufflepuff. look how cute this one is, nott." he nodded over to me, his gaze moving with the other boys to look at me. i became uncomfortable at the sudden attention.

"you think i haven't noticed already, riddle?" the boy scoffed and moved to tilt my chin up to look at him with a hand. my heart did a somersault in my chest against my will. fuck fuck fuck this is hot - what the fuck??? "what's your name badger?"

"uh..." i cleared my throat, my eyes darting to look at something other than the four hot-ass men in front of me. the nott boy let go of my chin, seemingly satisfied with my reaction. "y/n."

"you're the l/n girl draco's been talking about, aren't you?" the unidentified but super familiar boy finally spoke up, a ghost of a grin on his lips. "he and riddle couldn't stop talking about you. for completely different reasons, of course."