god bless america (and all the beautiful women in it)

"ERM, pardon me..." 

i all but jumped at the sound, snapping myself out of my thoughts. i stood in the doorway to the greenhouse for my first class, herbology, trying to mentally prepare myself. i didn't even notice i was blocking half the doorway until this boy snapped me out of my overthinking. i turned, ready to apologize profusely, and then swiftly move out of the way. 

what i didn't expect though, was that this boy was a carbon copy of louis patridge. no, he was louis patridge. my voice died in my throat, my jaw dropping slightly.

he looked a bit confused and uncomfortable as he tugged on his green-silver tie, loosening the fabric around his neck. i closed my mouth, trying to think it over while also trying to regain my voice while a bunch of other thoughts flurried through my mind. 

"sorry. you- you go first." i gestured inside the class as i stumbled over my words, stepping out the way. he nodded, grateful albeit awkward. i leaned against the stone walls, trying to exhale my confusion. as far as i knew about the harry potter universe - which was a good amount - louis patridge was not an actor in the film series. i wasn't even sure if he was even old enough to be in it back then.

i shook off my confusion. i couldn't be bothered to think about this right now, before my first class of the entire school year. i slipped into the greenhouse, picking a random spot to stand that was less crowded than the others. i barely focused as the class started, barely noticing as professor sprout launched us into a herbology lesson as soon as the class quieted down. who was louis patridge supposed to be? 

when the class ended, i realized that i'd done everything right. i stared blankly down at the work i'd done, confused on how i'd even done it when i'd processed absolutely nothing professor sprout had said. nevertheless, i packed my things and left, still in a daze.

i found myself trailing after the louis patridge boy. not intentionally, of course. i just... happened to be heading the same way, even though i had no idea where i was going...

shit, i had no idea where i was going! i glanced around the halls for a clock, or an indicator of time, but there was none except for the sun shining through the windows. as far as i knew, i had no idea how to tell time by sun.

i cursed, heading the other way. ivy had said to meet her near the courtyard, so as long as i got to the courtyard in time for her to drag me to d.a.d.a...

"fuck!" i dropped the books in my hands after bumping into someone, the copies falling loudly onto the ground. "shoot, i'm so sorry..."

"no, it's fine!" a sweet, irish-accented voice cuts through my apologies, silencing it. i look up to face none other than cho chang, the sweetest, most beautiful girl in the world and oh my gosh shes looking at me and she's helping me get my books and she's so beautiful-

"here." she hands over my books with a smile, and i can't help but smile back. she pats down her skirt. i tug my own down.

"thank you so much. and i'm really sorry, i wasn't paying attention." my face is heating up. fuck, can she see me blushing? please don't say she can see me blushing. she giggles and my heart literally stops. fuck she's so adorable, goddamn.

"no, it's fine. i saw you at the sorting ceremony. 'was a shame you weren't put in ravenclaw," her smile is so pretty, and god she's so pretty- "anyway... i better get going. i'll see you around, yeah?"

"yeah. yeah, of course!" i beam back at her. my heart is actually beating so fast, i didn't even think that was a thing that actually happened in real life. "see you..."

i watched as she left, my heart pounding in my chest. "fuck.." i muttered, holding a hand over my chest. "god damn, she's so pretty..."

"who are you talking to?" i jumped, my head turning to find the source of the voice. oliver had leaned over so his head was hovering over my shoulder, a cheeky grin on his face. i sighed and smiled at the sight of him, turning around so i could face him properly.