4. i'm fucking sorry!

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

BUTTONS ARE SMASHED BENEATH Maggie's fingers, curses under her breath as the boys fuck up in the video game they've attached themselves too.

    "Caiden—"

   "Maggie, you're the one with the Ray Gun!" The annoyed twin exclaims. Maggie rolls her eyes, shooting down some zombies that come towards the group. Conrad sits beside her, barely focused on the game because the Finnegan girl keeps grazing his skin.

   The Kershaw siblings sit on the other couch, not bothering with paying attention to the game the others have immersed themselves in. Aspen has been avoiding her house all day. Even after the somewhat successful debutante rehearsal from earlier. She had left there beaming with excitement, anxiety somewhat settled in her stomach. At one point, it had just become her and Belly in the room.

   With neither having a date yet, they had to practice with each other, hands holding the other as nervous giggles would leave their mouths.

  Belly had left at one point and came back happier than ever. Aspen still hasn't figured out why she came back like that, Belly gave her no context, just a sheepish smile across her face.

     "See you guys later," Belly calls out. Aspen looks up from her phone, seeing Belly with makeup on and a cute outfit. She swallows, eyes stuck on the brunette. They all turn to her but Jeremiah is the only one who says something. He drops his controller, "Damn," He lets out, launching towards the girl. Aspen turns her phone off, lips parted. "No, yeah, fine, just abandon the game completely," Steven complains.

   Theo glances at his sister and then Belly, and then Jeremiah. His sister's brows are slightly furrowed and he can't tell if the younger is confused or mad, seems like she can't tell either.

    "Very pretty, Belly," Theo compliments, earning a small smile from her. "Pretty?" Jeremiah dramatically scoffs, "You...look....hot," He says, spinning Belly around. Belly laughs in response while some of the others groan at the Fisher boy and his flirt.

   "Hey, hey, stop flirting with my sister," Steven warns. "Because she looks far too pretty for you to be flirting with her, Jere," Caiden laughs, putting down the controller once his character dies, waiting for a revival. Theo now has the same look his sister has but it's towards the blonde boy sitting in front of him.

      "You too, Caiden," Steven warns once more. "I wasn't flirting. I was telling her she's too good for Jeremiah," Caiden tuts.

  "Guys, shut up!" Belly groans. "You shut up. You do look good though," Steven says, looking back at the game. Aspen takes a breath, "Everyone at the book party is gonna break their necks," She smiles, frown fading the closer she gets to Belly.