9 / Kyle

"Kylie!" Ew- "Over here!" Butters yells from the bleachers in the school's gym. There's a pep rally today. I think basketball is starting up or something, I honestly couldn't care less.

"Where's Stan?" I ask, sitting down in between Kenny and Butters. We hadn't really talked much over the weekend, aside from when he came over Friday night. I know nothing happened to him, because we sent each other at least one stupid post a day.

"He went home 'cause Mr Garrison saw him throw up after class, or some shit," Eric says, "Guess he's in love with you after all, eh Jew?" he punches me in the shoulder.

"Fuck off, shitbag," I say, pushing his arm away from me.

Kenny mumbles out a question from behind his jacket.

"I've been fine, I guess. Actually, I think I have to tell you guys something," I respond. I think I'm ready to tell them. I know Butters won't care. And Kenny- well I guess I've just gotta wait and see, huh. But I think I'll leave Cartman out of this one, I don't wanna deal with his shit.

"Well sure, what is it?" Butters asks.

"Well- can you two come with me, actually?" I ask, standing up.

"What the fuck, you guys? What about me?"

Shit. Should've realized he'd say something. "I am bleeding out of my vagina, fatass, do you really wanna hear about that?" Probably not the best idea to announce something like that in the middle of a school event, or as something that I have to talk to those two about, but it was the only excuse I could think of that would actually keep Cartman away from us.

"Well, wait, why d'you need us for tha-" Butters asks, being cut off from a shove by Kenny (who was the only one who realized it was an excuse).

"Ew, gross, go talk about that shit somewhere else," Eric says, waving us off and facing towards the gym's court.

"Great," I say, turning to walk out of the gym and to the hallway by the locker rooms, Kenny and Butters following somewhat close behind me. "Okay, so, I need to tell you two something."

"But I thought you said that you needed to talk to us about-"

"That was a lie, Butters."

"Oh. Well, what is it, then?"

"Uhm- okay," I start, breathing slowly and trying to stay calm so I don't freak out like I did with Stan, plus crying at school would be embarrassing, "I don't want you guys to call me Kylie anymore, I don't like it."

Kenny asks another muffled question, somewhat resembling, "What do you want us to call you?"

"Kyle? At least, I think that's what I want," I say.

"But, isn't Kyle a boy's name?" Butters asks, obviously confused. Kenny nods.

"Yeah, it is. That's kinda the point, actually," I laugh.

"So, wait, you're a boy?"

"Yeah? I guess."

"Well, that's awesome, Kylie! Er- Kyle," Butters says, correcting himself almost instantly.

"Maybe don't say anything about it around my parents, though? I don't exactly know if I wanna tell them yet."

They both nod, and Butters smiles at me. Maybe Kenny does too, I can't tell.

"Do you want us to call you that always? Other than around your parents, I mean." Butters asks.

"I guess. Cartman doesn't exactly know yet, but it's fine, he'll figure it out."

We chat for a few more minutes, about mostly useless shit and homework. Then, we go back to the gym because we could hear the pep rally starting.

"Where the fuck were you guys? You took forever," Cartman asks, very clearly annoyed, "I had to deal with Clyde fucking yelling behind me, it's annoying."

Butters sits down next to him, "well, sorry Eric, but Kyle wanted to talk to us about-"

"Yeah, whatever, shut up, the cheerleading chicks are about to come out."

Laughing at him, I sit down next to Butters and focus my attention to the gym floor. From the hallway, Bebe, Wendy, Heidi, and Nicole come into the room as loud music starts playing. Stan probably stayed home because he didn't want to see his ex girlfriend in her cheer uniform. I don't blame him.

Wendy looks up from her routine and waves at us, quickly focusing her attention back on the dance. I smile and wave back, even though she can't see me anymore. I think I'm starting to get a headache from this fucking music. God dammit.