Ch 3: 1st Detention With Mr. D

As Maria was about to enter the classroom, she noticed that Mr Donnovan wasn't alone. Sandra was there as well.

What the hell was she doing there?

'Don't tell me he gave her a detention too?' She mused, horrified, "Oh god! Someone help me!"

Maria just closed the door quietly, and stood there watching her argue with him.

"But sir, I was being rude in your classroom too. It would only be fair that I get a detention along with her."

Yep, there she was talking about Maria like she was some garbage she couldn't stand.

'Damn it, I wonder what I've ever done to her,' Maria thought on a sigh.

Mr. Donnovan frowned, then putting a blank face, he said in a rather stern voice, "Stop talking about Maria like she isn't here."

Maria's eyes widened at that, and she then turned to look at Sandra just to see her reaction...

'Oh shit, she is glaring at me, her gaze says fury on the way,' Maria mentally grimaced.

The blonde kept the staring for a moment, and then stormed off.

Maria sighed, frustrated. She knew that look all too well. She could only wonder what she was going to tell her sister this time.

A moment later, she snapped out of her thoughts, and took the seat next to the window. Then looking at the floor, she asked calmly, "So, what should I do?"

She didn't get an answer, so she looked up, only to see him standing right in front of her.

'Damn! I didn't hear a thing. When did he move?' She thought, startled.

Her French teacher's features were kind of grim. He sighed, and then looking out of the window, he asked, sounding genuinely curious, "Is she always like this?"

Maria smiled, then told him jokingly, "No. She usually tries to get free of detentions."

The comment made him smile, but it didn't reach his eyes ... his beautiful smoldering green eyes that were now looking at her.

Oh god, she could get lost in those eyes.

'Stop it already!' She inwardly reprimanded herself. 'You are being stupid, Maria.'

She averted her gaze, then asked again about what she had to do. He answered her, smirking evilly, "Well, there are some boxes that you could help me with."

She stood up and followed him to the supply room. There were about 6 boxes.

She bent down, picked up one, then put it on the desk, all the while feeling her every move watched by her extremely hot teacher, who was leaning against the wall.

She opened the box, then pulled out some books and started organizing them on the shelves. While she was accomplishing the chore, they were having quite an interesting conversation –though a little bit unusual for a student to have with the teacher.

"So, did you live in France before?" He asked first.

"Yes, I did until I was fifteen actually ..." she trailed off, not wanting to give details that would most certainly just bore the shit out of him.

"I really love it there. Europeans are more open-minded. And why did you leave?" He was actually interested.

Well, that made her feel kind of warm inside.

"It's just that I came to live here with my father after my mom... passed away." She really couldn't bring herself to say the word died... she just couldn't.