Ch 2: Here Come The Troubles

At around seven thirty, Maria was riding with Kelly and Tyler in their new black BMW. Her boyfriend was so nervous about the results, whether he was going to be a part of the team or not, that he didn't say a word after the "Good morning" he had tossed out. But it was okay with Maria. She didn't blame him at all.

Kelly, on the other hand, was talking about how hot the French teacher was. Her friend just nodded absentmindedly from time to time.

Upon their arrival, they made a beeline to the classes' building, and were kind of hurrying so as not to be late, when Sandra came almost running to them. She flicked her hair and grinned foolishly.
Maria was looking at her as if she was crazy. They usually didn't mix. One could see perfectly why.

She, however, was eying Tyler in a way the brunette didn't give a damn about for she knew her boyfriend didn't like sluts –and Sandra was one of the worst.

"Welcome to the team. We were told today that you were going to be our quarter back." She had the talent to make her voice so sickly sweet, it made Maria want to gag...

'On a second thought, it might just be a curse,' Maria mused sarcastically.

Sandra's clone, Becky, came swaying her hips, put her hand on Tyler's arm and purred in what Maria assumed was supposed to be a seductive tone, "That is so awesome."

She kind of sounded dumb speaking like that. And Maria could barely resist the urge to roll her eyes at her. Then, glancing at her watch, she noticed they had still about five more minutes before the bell rang.

"Thanks, I guess," Tyler answered, his tone somewhere between happy and confused.

Both fake blondes glared at Maria, and then, in synch, turned around and went their own way.

What the hell was wrong with those girls?

Kelly's eyes were practically spitting fire when her best friend looked at her after their departure. "Who the hell do they think they are? They flirted with you shamelessly, in front of your girlfriend." She was addressing her twin in such an angry way, because of Maria, and more importantly, forgetting her, that this latter could only hope she would be able to make it out of her sight without her noticing.

No such luck!

She turned to look at her and told her in a reproach, still fuming, "And you didn't even say a word!"

"I should have?" To say Maria was confused by her little outburst would be the understatement of the year.

The usually bubbly blonde looked more pissed if that was even possible, "What do you think, smart one?"

Tyler was long gone. He had mumbled something about seeing the coach, but Maria was sure it was just an excuse. Kelly could be scary when she wanted to be. Therefore, Maria was left outside, alone, to deal with her best friend's fury.

She looked at her in wonder. She had her beautiful blue eyes glaring daggers, and her mid-back blond hair locks playing in the wind.

"I'm not the jealous type, Kelly."

And her friend knew it, so what was there to be angry about?

She looked at her strangely for a moment. Then, her eyes widening, she said in her I-just-discovered-something-big-today tone, "Then you don't love Tyler."

Now it was my Maria's eyes' turn to widen. She immediately denied with a vehement "Yes, I do!"

Her friend's gaze softened at that. And then, smiling, she added in that motherly tone she often took with her, "Of course you do. But you're not in love with him."