Opening

The day had just ended. The night-shift started. The moon peeked over the horizon, allowing just barely enough light for others to see. The sun setting, no longer seen. The lights within the coffee shop, shining a dim yellow light. The seats were freshly cleaned. The windows sparkled clean. The counters are empty. The chatter of customers, over powering the music playing from the soft speakers just above them. The smell of coffee beans filling the crisp air. Chuuya hummed as he tied the apron around himself. He slid off his gloves and other personal belongings before setting them nicely into his locker. He closed it, locking it. He walked to his poison that he was stuck in for, for the next 5 hours. A couple, Short brunette woman and a tall blonde man, ordered coffee and treats for themselves. Putting Chuuya to work. He sat their order on the counter, allowing them to take it. He watched as they sat at a table, facing the window. He sighed. The night wasn't terribly busy, but yet left the shop feeling more empty than full. Chuuya watched as customers left and entered. He had no interest in listening to the short stories that they told him as they waited for their orders. It was 2 hours into his shift. Chuuya looked up as someone approached the counter. It was a man. He wore ; a white button up shirt followed with a sweater vest. The baggy black pants were accompanied with his trench coat. His face half bandaged along with his arms- At Least from his elbow to wrist. Chuuya looked at the man, Waiting for him to say something. The man looked back.

"Um, welcome to Second Cup. What can I get you?" Chuuya finally muttered.

The man smirked, "A milk coffee with 2 pumps of caramel, 2 spoons of sugar and whip cream on top- Cold. Please."

Chuuya nodded, "Your total is 5.49, Debit or Credit?"

"Debit." The man said.

He raised his card to the machine and tapped it. A beep filled the silence.

"Thanks." Chuuya spoke.

The man nodded, then took a seat at a table, close to the counter. He sat facing towards chuuya. Chuuya started to make the man drink. His face felt fimallar. Chuuya countied to think as he made the coffee. It finally clicked as he sat down the cup. Dazai. Chuuya grunted. He called the name.

"Dazai!" Chuuya called, letting Dazai know his drink was done.

Dazai stood up and took his drink. Dazai thanked Chuuya but before he went Chuuya stopped him.

"One sec." Chuuya spoke.

Dazai nodded, Watching the short ginger man go to the employees room. He shortly returned with a cigar in his hand. He slid it towards Dazai, putting his hand in a telephone pose to his ear. Dazai took it, not seeing the number written on it. Dazai left the coffee shop, Drinking his Coffee. Chuuya smirked as he watched Dazai leave.