Chapter 2: Graduation

" I can't believe that my little, Raymond is growing up!" My grandmother said giving me a huge hug. After the incredibly weird hug, she went and stood with the rest of my family while they all talked amongst themselves. I turned around to see my good friend, Stan.
"Hi, Ray-Ray. You ready to graduate?" He said laughing. He didn't seem to care very much, but I knew deep down he was nervous.
"Nervous. Really, really, nervous." I said with a , (surprise), nervous laugh. Everything was just nerve racking.
"Ha, nervous? Come on, you'll be fine! You've got a great future ahead of you!" He said patting my back. He and my family were really the only ones who supported what I wanted to do in life. When I told teachers they said that I won't ever get anywhere becoming a restaurant owner or salesperson. Lots of my classmates agreed with that, too.
"I don't really know... Maybe." I said with a shrug. It became time for the graduates to get the room to get ready and things, I waved bye to my family as Stan and I walked off.
~
After graduation, I wanted to go home really bad. Just to let this whole thing set in... It's scary! My parents insisted that we all go out to a fancy dinner for a celebration. To be quite honest, I don't think I need a whole "party" just for graduating. People graduate high school every year so what is there to really celebrate? Even though not many people actually graduate...
We went to a really expensive place and I was shocked because well, my mother and father are paying for the bill and with 10 people, it's a lot of money.
The place had amazing food and it was a really fun time, and now I'm really tired. I think a nap would've been a nice way to celebrate, too. Ha, that's funny because I know I wouldn't be able to do that. My parents hate me taking naps because it ruins my "sleep routine".