Chapter 2

There's a tracker on his car hidden under the bumper, and he has no idea who has put it there.... This is the worst thing that could possibly happen.

And his boss certainly won't be pleased about this once he's called him and explained the situation.

God, he's not looking forward to having that conversation.... But it's a conversation that he has to have. Even if he really doesn't want to.

Unless....

Unless since it seems that both James and Jeremy are asleep, considering neither of them have made their way outside to confront him, and no light has flicked on in their bedroom upstairs, nor can he see either of them standing in the window watching him. He could always just jump on one of the bikes and go out and do the job that way.

That might be the best option, he thinks. Save having to call his boss, and he's fairly certain that there won't be a tracker on any of his bikes. Although, just to be safe, he could take one of James's bikes. But then there's the issue of James being able to tell that one of his bikes has been used.

And anyway, it's not like he's not used one of his motorbikes to head out on a mission in the past. It's probably quicker than a car also. Easier to take shortcuts to get to the location after all. Only downside is there's no GPS if he were to need it unlike there would be if he was to take his car.

Well, there is always GPS on his phone, and thankfully he has another phone that he uses besides his actual mobile for this job. A phone that both James and Jeremy don't know about, so there's no way that they can track him by phone if they're suspicious of him, or just simply want to know where he is.

Making up his mind, and really not wanting to call his boss that he cannot do the job tonight, he grabs his gear out of his car and heads off to the shed where his and James's bikes are kept.

He double checks every one of his bikes, making sure there's no tracker on any of them, before taking his best and fastest outside after getting changed into the bike gear and helmet he keeps in a wardrobe in the shed. Where he mounts the bike and drives off to take care of business.

Hoping like hell that whoever was following him isn't still out there waiting for him....

Inside and upstairs in the bedroom, James sighs as he watches out the window, careful not to be seen as he watches Richard drive off on one of his bikes.

"He's taken one of the bikes now." He sighs, turning to look at Jeremy as the alpha walks over to him.

"Shit..." Jeremy sighs. "He must've noticed Wilman following him."

"And found the tracker by the looks of things..." James adds.

This isn't what they had planned when they had put that tracker on Richard's car and had requested help from their close friend and colleague Andy Wilman to follow Richard after they had gotten a little tired and worried about Richard constantly sneaking out of the house at night every few weeks. They hadn't intended on Richard to find out about any of that.

And they wouldn't have had to do anything like that if Richard would just be honest with them and tell them what he's up to. What he's been up to for what very well seems like years now.

They've ruled out an affair. Richard never reeks of an unfamiliar alpha, beta, or even omega when he gets home. Although, that could always be explained away by him showering before he returns home to wash away the stink. But Richard just doesn't seem the type to have an affair.

And anyway, as bad as it may sound, not many alphas or betas will even acknowledge an infertile omega half of the time, claiming them to be too broken and useless to be of any good. Which means with Richard being sterile, very few alphas or betas will even look his way. Or much like other infertile omega have in the past, he'll get beaten, because he's a "useless" omega.