Chapter 1

Richard can't believe he's doing this.... Or, still doing this, really.

He was supposed to have given this life up after he had been signed on to Top Gear. Well, at least until Top Gear started bringing in more money, then he would leave this business.

Unfortunately, fifteen years on, and after the whole fiasco with Jeremy's contract not being renewed for Top Gear, and him and James deciding to leave to be with Jeremy on a brand new motoring show with Amazon, and he's still stuck in this bloody fucking business. And he wants out.

However... his boss is refusing to let him go. Claiming that he's one of their best, and that they can't afford to lose him. Richard knows that to be true, and he utterly hates it. Hates that he has to be so fucking good at this line of work that he's never once let on to James or Jeremy about, and isn't planning on it anytime soon. Even when the three of them have been mated to each other for years now.

James and Jeremy can never know about his secret double life as an assassin. Not only does he just not want them to know about it, but he doesn't want them to get caught up in and hurt because of it. Because no doubt if they found out about it, they'd get hurt in the process, while trying to be noble and get him out of it.

Although, at least if he did tell them about this job of his they wouldn't really believe him. No one would ever believe that an omega like him - of admittedly a smaller stature - is a highly trained and deadly assassin, and has been so since he was eighteen. No one would ever believe that. And according to his boss, him being an omega is what makes him so deadly, because no one ever expects an omega to be in this line of work and to be as good at it as Richard is.

And quite honestly, he doubts James and Jeremy would believe him, considering how accident prone he can be. They'd certainly not believe that he's a deadly and well trained assassin.

But Richard doesn't exactly want to do this anymore, even though he's very good at it. He just wants to be a damn car journalist and TV presenter. He's done with this double life.

And he's been trying to find a way out for years.

Unfortunately, he can't use the excuse of pregnancy to quit. He's been sterile for years, and he is getting on in years, so that's not an option. Although, he suspects that even if he were to get pregnant that he'd still have to keep doing this after the baby's birth. So even then it's not exactly a good enough reason for his boss to let him quit. Even that fucking dragster crash that nearly killed him back in September of 2006 didn't give him an out, just a year's break before his boss demanded he return, or he'd send out someone to hurt James and Jeremy.

Of course, he didn't want either of them to get hurt because of him, so he returned. However, he's still looking for a way out that won't end with his boss putting out a hit on James and Jeremy. And so far, he's not found anything.

At least, nothing that doesn't involve an amputated limb. Because surely then he wouldn't be required to continue... right? The only way to test out that theory, is to actually have that happen, and he's not quite brave enough to test it... yet. Even if it very likely would give him an out that won't end in James or Jeremy getting hurt....

He loves the alpha and beta too much to allow them to get hurt. So unless he can find an out that doesn't result in them getting hurt or worse, he's going to have to keep on doing this. Even if he really doesn't want to anymore.

Although, the thought of getting into a terrible accident that renders him crippled begins to look very tempting as the days go by and he can't find a way out....