Chapter 2

In the busy streets of Lumiose City, people gathered walking with their Pokemon, oblivious to the dangers that soon came. The reflections against building windows distorted and dark tendrils erupted, causing panic among the people and Pokemon. The tendrils were only picking pokemon off, taking Leavanny, Pangoro, Pyroar, Milotic and Froslass from their trainers, pulling them into various portal entries, then closing behind, leaving the silence and people couldn't believe what they saw. Several more instances have happened across the world, from the calm Ecruteak City to the bustling Nimbasa City. Trainers struggled around the world to try to free their Pokemon and failed as the grip of the tendrils was strong.

Even the quiet Pallet Town was not spared, as Oak's lab and corral were a hotspot as tendrils steal more Pokemon and pull them into several portals. Professor Oak watched in horror as he watched so many pokemon disappear in an instant, unable to have done anything to save the very Pokemon trainers had left for him to take care of. Various police forces were in a state of chaos as they were unsure how or what caused these pokemon-nappings. Detective Looker, who was part of the International Police Force, was holding his head with his hands at his desk plagued with questions. "Where have these Pokemon been taken to? Who is behind this? And how did they pull off this complex heist?" he thought to himself. He gets up and looks at a board filled with notes and pictures with pins stuck to them. "All we know is these tendrils come out of the walls and the very water, but why?" He asks aloud to himself.

Anabel, another member of the International Police Force,  comes up behind him and reviews the pictures. "What if these tendrils are connected to reflections"? She says as she points to one of the photos taken by a street camera. "Look, the tendril itself comes out of the window without damaging it. What if it's a device that a criminal organization made that can pierce through reflections of one spot to steal Pokemon to another spot like some sort of wormhole?" She continued. "I have read reports of a Giovanni from another dimension causing trouble in Aloha but wasn't he defeated?" Looker asked. "He got here once, he may have came back but with more resources maybe even including a device to obtain Pokemon from a distance" Anabel replies as Looker gives it some thought.

An officer burst into the office and exclaimed "Looker, Sir! We had just got a report from Chief Sherles of Orre that the Pokemon HQ Lab was destroyed!" The duo stared at the officer with shock. "How did this happen?" Looker asked. The officer replied "black tendrils erupted from the lab's walls and tore through the place where there were multiple injuries and one missing person, a teenager named Michael". Looker grabs his coat, "Let go Anabel, we need to investigate" as the duo soon leave the office, hopeful for a new lead.