Chapter Ten

Sarah Green

It was a little over Eleven in the night when I returned. Walking in I blindly threw the ice cream cup at Arlo with my eyes glued to my face.

Both the men were still in the same position I laat saw them in. But then my eyes met his, and the look on face was unrecognisable. His eyes were slightly narrowed but his face was blank yet painted with so many emotions I couldn't ditter.

"Aren't your arse sore for sitting like that for hours?" I voices my thoughts and both the men looked at me and then shrugged.

I didn't pay any heed either, my phone pings with a notification and I burst out laughing when Noah—aka baby face told me how sexy I was looking while running like a mad man over and around the ground. I knew he saw me like that and yet he wanted to talk to me had me already melting over him.

I saved his contact as Baby Face in my phone. Smiling at the text like a lunatic about the date-ish we were going on tomorrow had me feeling like a small girl who has just got a new Barbie to play with. Finding my head out of his flirty text I looked up and both of them looked at me like I've grown a second head.

"What?" I asked, pursing my lips together.

"I told you she has an ugly laugh." Arlo pretends to whisper that to Killian but the lady next door might as well have heard him. Throwing my keys at him he screams like a little girl.

"Damn women that are metal, it hurts when you throw metal at people." He says while rubbing his elbow where the key hit him. I narrowed my eyes at him and scoffed.

But I know it hurts. So what?

Serves him damn right!

I chuckle to myself. "I told you before she's sick in her head, she'll go around laughing or mumbling about how she will plan a perfect murder." I heard Arlo say to Killian—this time he was quiet. But too bad I heard him.

"You flat ass!" I yelled at him before I jumped for him, my cheeks burned from the weird sound I just made and the way I practically jumped for Arlo in front of Killian. But oh that thought soon turned into ashes when he ran off and closed the door on my face.

"You can go Killian I'm not coming out of this room, not anymore. Atleast for tonight!" He yelled still not opening the door. I frowned, sighing I turned around and Killian started gathering up his papers so walked up and started helping him up.

I don't even know why I'm doing it but I just did. The silence around us is not awkward or nervous—no we just work in complete silence until my phone pings with yet another notification.

And like it was a snap the temperature of the room dropped my eyes turned to Killian, whose eyes were locked on the bright screen of my phone. My cheeks flushed as I saw him read another flirty message from Noah.

Grabbing my phone in panic I stood up and passed the sheets of paper back to Killian.

We stood there in an awkward silence. But his jaw was hard and more prominent—wait was he clenching his jaw?

Lol!

Me and my bookass.

"Who's that?" He asks his voice cold. I raise an eyebrow at him. "He's the guy I met at the ice cream truck today. We talked and exchanged numbers." I don't even know why I did tell him all this but I guess old habits die hard.

His palm forms a fist now—okay now he looks pissed. What so now he can't watch me going out with others?

"So you just meet random strangers and give them your numbers?" He threw his words at me. And i was truly taken back by it.

"No, and no Noah and I talked we got to know each a bit and then we exchanged numbers," sighing I shook my head.

"What is your problem it doesn't even concern you." He just scoffed at my words before glaring at me.

"So that's what you're doing now? Whoring around?" I flinched at his words. Memories crushing down on me like a heavy blanket slowly suffocating and choking me. My eyes burned with tears. An in that moment I questioned myself again.

I questioned myself once again just because someone else felt like it to question me. So I went with them and questioned myself. Over and over again, was it wrong was it right? It is good is it bad? Taking in a deep breath I looked at him with my burning eyes. I wanted him to leave I don't want to cry in front of him.

"I'm not a whore." I said quietly before glaring at him. There was shock and regret on his face and his eyes danced with so many more emotions. Just like on that day. He took a step forward but stopped when I took one back.

"I-uh...I didn't mean—

"You should leave" I cut him off. I was shocked myself I haven't said this to anyone. Haven't ask anyone to leave.

He gulps his eyes wide open. "Sarah—

"Leave Killian!" I almost yelled at him. I wanted him gone I couldn't stop my tears for long now. He gave me a jerky nod before taking all his paper and rushing out of the apartment.

I wipe the tear that slithered down my cheeks angryly. And stomped into my room locking myself in. I won't cry over him. Not again. Never again.