Chapter Eight

Sarah Green

It was a dull sound that turned into a loud banging against my door that woke me up. The light shining from in between the curtains almost made me blind. Squinting my eyes I blinked rapidly trying to get off the foggy feeling. My neck hurts when I move.

Stumbling up my way I opened the door and narrowed my eyes at Arlo. "Wow you really look like a raccoon out of a dumpster," he comments then peeks inside my room and tsks.

"You didn't even had a man over still you look so deprived of sleep, were you writing all night?" He voice grew worried. I shook my head, the sudden bright light of the day has kicked in a headache and now with Arlo talking it is getting worse.

"Okay well take care of it I'm going to the firm. And just so to warn you Killian will be coming over. We gotta discuss on the case." He gives me a sweet smile but I narrow my eyes at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be my friend, and why is he always coming at our house?" I didn't want to sound rude but he's been calling Killian over a lot and it's getting a little suspicious.

"Uhh...yeah? But that doesn't cut out the fact that he's smoking hot and jeez! Don't get me started on his jaw you know— I raise my palm and stop him from speaking further. "I get your point now get out." I ushered him out and then walked over to the couch and dumbed myself down on it.

Groaning I take a painkiller from the kitchen before I head into my room to take a shower. Looking in the mirror I wince. God! I do look terrible—my eyes are red and swollen and my hair is all tangled up and all over my head.

Changing into another oversized shirt I didn't bother to put shorts on, cause like what's the point? The shirt eats it up. So I just made myself a whole ass jug of ice coffee and sat down on my table.

I've finally got over my writer's block and now I'm drowned with tons of ideas. The main plot is ready but I love to play around the story for a bit so it doesn't get boring. But this time I'm typing it on my phone with 'weeknd' blasting through my ear buds. I hum to his lyrics as I let the world I've created let unfold with each and over word.

I wrote and edited again and over after reading the two chapters for three times. And then edited the whole draft once again. I've just started so it wasn't hard to edit the whole draft at once. When I was done I stretched on my white wheel chair.

It feels so good to be productive.

Standing up I threw my phone for it get charged and walked out of my cave. It was already dark outside and I knew Arlo will be home any moment with his new bestfriend. I rolled my eyes at that thought and tottered into the kitchen. My neck still hurts and my leg are numb so it takes a lot of whining and random screams for me to reach my destination. 

I didn't wanted to snack on a packet of chips because I was actually very hungry and also i didn't want to miss out on the dinner so I just started making some instant noodles. I smiled to myself when the water started boiling and I added all the noodles and ingredients.

The door clicked unlock as the sound of the two men filled the house. I really didn't want to face Killian right how. Not now, not ever. I just wanted him to leave me alone. But surprise surprise!

The world doesn't work according to us.

Funny how when I wanted him to stay all he did was leave and now that I want him to leave all he is urged is to stay. Scoffing to myself I stire the noodles in the pot.

But I felt hot and watched and I didn't need to look up to feel him. He walked in yet I made sure my eyes were guled to the pot. He opens the fridge and looks through before—I guess he grabs the sandwichs from yesterday?

Remind me why didn't I check the fridge again?

Still not looking up Killian spoke up. "Are these edible?" He asked so suspicious like I would have poisoned my own food. Is he really that dumb?

" I don't know." I said blankly, though I know they are edible, of course they were I made it. But why would I tell him. "Will you look at me and atleast tell if they are?" He asks, already annoyed.

So what now? He can't tell if the food is edible or not. What a child!

"No." I smiply said and stired the pot like it was portion of some dark witchery I've done. Shivering at the thought I sighed in containment. Just a minute more than these will be cooked to perfection.

"What no?" I had to—no I needed to close my eyes and take in a deep breath so I won't just smack some comman domestic senses into his head. "No I won't look at you." I spoke again getting annoyed by his presence second after the other.

"Why?" He asked baffled.

"Because I'm cooking my food." I shrugged.

"So your noodles are important than my life?" He asked exaggerating. He wouldn't die if he ate an old sandwich! But I won't give him the satisfaction of me caving in.

"Yes, my noodles are more important and who said your life is important again?" I asked and heard a loud and very clear gasp before I finally turned to him just because I wanted to see the reaction on his face.

He narrowed his eyes at me but didn't said anything. He just simply lifted the plate in front of me again. Sighing I told him that they are edible and then he placed it into the microwave to heat up and finally left me alone.

Turning around I turned the stove off and poured my noodles into a bowl and took a spoon and fork with me and started my March to back to my cave.

" I smell food," Arlo says Like he's been hungry for centuries as he stumbled beside me and sniffed the noodles first and then moves his hand to pick up the fork. But I'm faster than him I swat his hand away. "I don't share my food. Flat ass." He gave me glare before stomped on the floor like a kid and walked away into the kitchen.

I felt a little guilty for refusing him a bite but it was okay he knew I don't like sharing my food. Shaking my head I walked into my room and made sure to close it properly. Sitting crossed leg on my bed I turned the music on and placed my tab in my lap and continued reading the book I started.