Chapter 30

I am getting downstairs ready with the last finishing touches. I really hope tonight goes well. I'm trying to make everything better.

I take a deep breath and hear Blair walk in.

"Hey brother, are you sure you're ready for this?" Blair asks.

"I don't know. I just want everyone to listen, but I can understand them wanting to leave with the history," I say.

"Mom has done a lot of fucked up shit. I can't believe Andre agreed to come," she says.

"I'm honestly really worried for Kleo. He said on the phone he has no interest in hearing anything. The only reason he's coming is for me," I say.

"I mean, can you blame mom? She definitely treated him the worst. And what about Rylee? Do you think she will come to support you?" Blair asks.

"I can only hope. I still love her and want to be with her. If she came for me, that would definitely make me feel like I'm headed back to her heart. But I doubt it, and honestly, I wouldn't blame her after I hurt her. But mom asked me for her to be there to give her an apology. So, that's what I'm doing," I say.

"You are growing, Henrie, and I love to see it," Blair says.

"Thanks. Hey sis, can you finish setting this up while I get the door?" I ask, and she nods.

I walk to the door and open it. In come Kleo, Camille, and their son Rome.

"Hey guys, I'm happy to see you. Come in, come in," I say. Camille smiles, but I can already see regret all over Kleo's face.

"Hi Uncle Henrie, where is Dash?" Rome asks after hugging me.

"He should be here shortly, buddy. You can wait for him in the game room if you want."

"Oh, cool, okay," and he runs off.

"I swear, Henrie, I'm only here to listen. But once her bullshit starts, I'm out. And my son will not be around her until I can actually see this isn't crap," Kleo says.

"Honey, come on. We're here to try, okay? Let's not jump to conclusions until she shows she's still the same, okay?" Camille says.

"She already hurt my family and us enough, baby. It's been over 10 years since me and her have said two words to each other. And now she magically wants me to trust she's being honest. She doesn't even know her goddamn grandchildren," Kleo says.

"Brother, I agree where you're coming from. But let's hear her out. I'm not 100% with her either, but her story was crazy, and she did connect with me. She seemed like she was being real," I say.

"Imagine how it feels for Andre, baby. He's about to meet his birth mother for the first time. You can support your siblings. Okay, let's just think of that. And you and your dad are better. Baby steps, okay?" Camille says.

The door swings open, and Dash runs in.

"Hi, daddy! I missed you," he says, running into my arms.

"Hey, there's my favorite little man. I missed you more," I say, kissing his cheek.

"Hi Uncle Kleo and Aunty Camille. Where is Rome?" Dash asked.

"Hello, favorite nephew. You look so good, and Rome is upstairs waiting for you," Camille says, ruffling his hair.

"Cool. Oh, and Dad, am I having a baby brother or baby sister?" he asks, looking up at me.

"I'm not sure, buddy. Your mom and I haven't found out yet. What do you want?" I ask.

"I want a baby brother, but then I feel bad because Mommy will be the only girl, so maybe a baby sister," he says.

"Well, buddy, that is a good point. But we will know soon. But I do want to see your mommy happy, and I know she would love a little girl. I would too because we both know your baby sister would be beautiful, just like your mommy," I say.