Chapter 8, going back

(Y/n's POV)

It has been a week since we defeated the Telmarines. Since then, Caspian has been crowned King.

We have now assembled at a square in town, where Caspian is holding a speech. ''Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers.'' Caspian explains. ''It's been generations since we left Telmar.'' A man speaks up, ''We're not referring to Telmar.'' Aslan answers. ''Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our kings and queens.'' Aslan explains further. I looked at the Pevensies, we were going back to Finchley, weren't we? ''It is to that island i can return you, it is a good place for any who wish to make a new start.'' Aslan tells the Telmarines. ''I'll go. I will accept the offer.'' Miraz's old general speaks up. ''So will we.'' Miraz's wife steps forward, with her son and father. ''Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good.'' Aslan blows on them. He then turns to the tree that starts forming into a port. The general and Miraz's wife walked towards it and disappeared.

''How do we know he is not leading us to our death?'' A Telmarine asks. ''Sire. If my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay.'' Reepicheep suggests. Peter steps forward, ''We'll go.'' He tells everyone. ''We will?'' Edmund asks his brother. ''Come on. Our time's up.'' He answers before walking over to Caspian. ''After all, we're not really needed here anymore.'' Peter says while giving his sword to Caspian. ''I will look after it until you return.'' Caspian says with honour. ''I'm afraid that's just it. We're not coming back.'' Susan says. Sorry, we're leaving? I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. ''We're not?'' Lucy asks sadly. ''You three are. At least, i think he means you three.'' Peter answered Lucy. ''But why? Did they do something wrong?'' Lucy asks Aslan. ''Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live on their own.'' He explains. ''It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be... but it's all right. One day you'll see, too. Come on.'' Peter grabs Lucy's hand. Edmund and I follow them, saying our goodbyes to our friends. But Susan walked over to Caspian. ''I'm glad i came back.'' She says to Caspian. ''I wish we had more time together.'' He tells her. ''It would never have worked, anyway.'' She smiles, ''Why not?'' he asks, wondering. ''I'm thirteen hundred years older than you.'' She smiles at him, he smiles back before she turns around to walk away. But she turned back and kissed him before hugging him goodbye. ''I'm sure when i'm older i'll understand.'' Lucy whispered to us, ''I'm older and i don't think i want to understand.'' Edmund agrees. Susan walked over to us, before we looked to Narnia for the last time with the five of us. We walked to the tree, looking one last time to Narnia, and then arriving back in the underground we left. We got on our train, ''You don't think there's any way we can get back?'' Edmund asks us. We look confused at him, ''I left my new torch in Narnia.'' he tells us. We laugh at him before taking off towards home.