Chapter 5, plan

(Edmund's POV)

The next morning we woke up early, wanting to be the first the doctor sees today. We made our way through the halls, seeing the first people up, or even working. We got to the doctors office, ''Morning, is anyone there?'' Y/n asks, slowly a faun opens the curtain. ''My Majesty, General, to what do i owe the pleasure?'' the faun asks. ''We were hoping that you had time for us, doctor.'' I say to him, ''I do indeed, come in.'' He welcomes us. He closes the curtain behind us and walks to his desk. ''With what can I help you?'' He asks, ''First, we need you to make a promise.'' Y/n starts, he looks at us questioning. ''You can't tell anyone that we've been here, or why we are here.'' Y/n says to the doctor. ''I promise, General.'' He says honestly. ''How can i help you?'' the doctor asks us again. ''Well, the thing is...'' I start, but not really knowing what to say. ''We think i'm pregnant.'' Y/n says, the doctor looks at us quite shocked. ''And how come you think that?'' the doctor asks. ''I haven't had my monthly in weeks, i puke randomly and i look a bit bloated.'' Y/n explains, ''Those are certainly common things for a pregnancy, could you lay down on the bed?'' The doctor asks us, Y/n does as he asks. ''Will you be able to help us? Since there are no other humans here.'' I asked him, ''I can help, the anatomy of a faun is almost the same as yours.'' He explains. ''General-'' the doctor starts, ''Please, Y/n is fine.'' Y/n interrupted him. ''Y/n, can you maybe lift your shirt? So i can see your stomach?'' He asks, she does as he asks, he also mentioned that I could sit on the chair next to the bed Y/n was laying on. He feels on the side of her stomach. Then he grabs a stethoscoop, placing it in different places on her stomach, and listening closely. ''You are indeed pregnant.'' He then says to us. Y/n and I look at each other, then back to the doctor. ''Do you know how long?'' I ask him, ''I think around 14 weeks.'' he says to us. ''That's three and a half months already.'' Y/n says, that is quite a lot. ''Is the baby healthy?'' I ask, ''Hearing the heartbeat, it definitely is. It's a strong heartbeat, just as it should be. And your nauseousness is only a sign that it's a healthy baby.'' He says comfortingly, ''Thank Aslan.'' Y/n says to me.

We walked out of the doctors office and got back to our room, changing into better clothes.

(Y/n's POV; i know it changes a lot, no worries, that'll be less now:))

Lucy stormed into our room when we were changing. ''Lu, what's wrong?'' Edmund asks, rather annoyed she stormed in like that. ''Sorry! But I need Y/n. I need a girl and i can't find Susan, i think she's already at the meeting.'' Lucy says, i grab my boots and follow Lucy, ''I'll meet you there, yeah?'' I say to him, he nods and I walk out. ''Lucy, what is it?'' I ask, following her into her room. ''Can you please help me with my hair? Pretty please?'' She asks me, ''That's why you barged into our room?'' I ask laughing. ''I know! But i'm a Queen again, I need to show that.'' She explains, ''Allright, should I pin it half up?'' I ask her, ''Yes please!'' She says as she gives me her hairbrush.

We walked down to the Stone Table together, just in time. Lucy sat onto the Stone Table and Peter ushered me towards the middle where he stood together with Caspian. ''It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle.'' Peter speaks to the room. ''What do you propose we do your Majesty?'' Reepicheep asked Peter. ''We need to get ready for it.'' ''To start planning for...'' Caspian and Peter said, well this is awkward. Peter and Caspian look at each other, Caspian looks at the ground so Peter continues. ''Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us.'' Peter says to us all. ''That's crazy. No one has taken that castle.'' Caspian disagrees. ''There's always a first time.'' Peter replied, ''We'll have the element of surprise.'' Trompoen, or DLF agrees. ''But we have the advantage here!'' Caspian argues, ''If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely.'' Susan speaks up. ''I, for one, feel safer underground.'' Trufflehunter, the badger, says. ''Look. I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb.'' Peter says to Caspian. ''Yes. And if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out.'' Edmund agrees with Peter. ''I think you know where I stand, sire.'' Reepichiep says to Peter. Peter and Caspian now look at me. ''Y/n, what is your call?'' Peter asks me, I look at him, then I turn to Caspian. ''Caspian, I'm sorry. But my loyalty lies with my King.'' I apologise. ''If we get your troops in, can you handle the guards?'' Peter asks the centaur. The centaur looks at Caspian, then at me, then he turns to Peter. ''Or die trying, my liege.'' He says to Peter. ''That's what I'm worried about.'' Lucy suddenly speaks up, ''Sorry?'' Peter asks. ''You're all acting like there's only two options. Dying here of dying there.'' Lucy says, ''I'm not sure you've been listening.'' Peter says calm. ''No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?'' She ask him, ''She's right Peter, you know that.'' I say to him, he turns to me. ''I think we've waited for Aslan long enough.'' He turns to Lucy, with that he walks out of the room. Lucy looks at me, rolling her eyes. I reply with a smile, agreeing.

Later that afternoon we were making the plan. The Kings, Queens, Caspian and some other Narnians. ''So King Edmund and I will fly in and send the signal, also to get rid of any soldiers who are up there. King Peter, Queen Susan and Caspian. You will then do your part. When you're ready, Edmund signals the troops.'' I speak to the people in the room. ''Maybe you shouldn't come.'' Edmund says to me worried. ''Why?'' Susan asks, ''She can get hurt.'' I look at him sternly, ''And, and the fort needs protection, of course.'' He adds, just in time, but also way to questioning. ''Edmund, i'll be fine. We stick to the plan we made.'' I say, mostly to Ed. Then I turned to the other few Narnians in the room, ''Order your troops, if there are questions, they can come to me.'' I order them, they nod and leave the room. Caspian also walked out, together with Peter and Susan. I started to walk but Edmund grabbed my hand. ''Y/n, it's too dangerous. You know that you can get hurt, and the-'' He starts, but I slam my hand over his mouth and motion towards Lucy who was still sitting there. ''You two have a secret.'' Lucy says walking towards us. I could feel my heart beat faster. ''No. No we don't.'' Edmund says, ''Fine, if you won't tell me.'' Lucy says and then walks out. I turn to Edmund, ''Ed, please I'll be fine. Please, please don't get all protective. Alright?'' I ask him. ''I'm just worried.'' he mumbles, I give him a peck on his lips and smile at him, ''I know, but i can handle myself.'' I said to him, and with that I left the room.