Chapter 1

Rika Izumi is a girl who looks lonely that's what Naruto thinks anyway he always sees her alone she doesn't speak to anyone in fact she doesn't speak at all from what he noticed. He always goes out of his way to talk to her even though she never says anything back he doesn't really mind because whenever someone does speak to him they usually never have anything nice to say. Anytime he's out he'll always go looking for Rika and when he finds her he'll just talk to her like she's a normal person he doesn't know this but that makes her happy she really enjoys his company.

Rika is an orphan just like Naruto and the other kids avoid her because they think "she's weird" but the adults pity her to which she doesn't like she doesn't want people to feel sorry for her but she's too timid to actually say anything. After all the grown ups give her groceries anytime she passes the market on her way home to which she's great full but they don't do the same for Naruto.

She doesn't know why because after all Naruto was just like her, a child all alone she'll never understand why the villagers treat him differently. Yeah he was loud and misbehaves a lot but it's because he wants their attention but they always chose to look the other way.

One afternoon Rika was in the park minding her business like she always does when she heard a certain blonde kid call out to her. 

"HEYYY RIKAAA!" Naruto yelled running towards her she looked up at the boy smiling as she waved at him "what are you doing?" The blonde asked smiling she held up the flower chain she was making he smiled at her "oh cool how do you make it?" He asked her she patted a spot next to her gesturing for him to sit so he did.

She pointed to the pile of flowers next to her as he watched what she was doing carefully and decided he wanted to try as well he picked up a few flowers and copied her,well trying to anyways. "How'd I do?" He asked as he held up his poorly made flower chain she blinked at it for a second before smiling he looked back at his flower chain it didn't look as good.

He looked back down at his flower chain before looking back up at her "hey can I ask you something?" Naruto started she looked at him and nodded "why don't you speak Rika?" She blinked at him no one has ever bothered to ask her before "Doesn't anyone care I mean there's gotta be a reason?" He said Rika looked down she doesn't even know herself why she doesn't speak because she can talk she just stopped one day.

Probably because no one really spoke to her "well whatever the reason if you ever decide to start talking you can always speak to me" Naruto said smiling at her Rika looked at him shocked for a moment before she smiled "your always listening to me talk all the time so it's only fair if I do the same ya know" he smiled no one has ever cared even to ask her why she's silent "you are my best friend after all" Naruto said brightly her eyes widen at this I'm his best friend she thought that made her so happy she smiled once more at him he smiled back.

He stood up and patted the dust of himself he then looked at her and said "Come on it's getting late I'll walk you home" Rika nodded and stood up he grabbed her hand as the began to walk through the village.they would always hold hands when walking.

She didn't mind though it brought her comfort and it did to him to it was like an unspoken agreement between the two to hold each other's hand it made Naruto happy to know there was at least one person who wasn't scared of him or hated him,Rika never once shunned him like the rest of the villagers she was the one of the first people to not hate him.  

As they walked Naruto was just talking to her and she smiled as she listened to him ramble on about being Hokage and how he's gunna be a great ninja. once they reached Rika's small apartment he let go of her hand.

"Well I'll see ya tomorrow" he said as he turned around to walk away but before he could Rika grabbed hold of the back of his shirt he looked back at her "Hey you okay?" Naruto asked her she looked down briefly before looking back up at him he watched as she opened her mouth to speak.