Chapter 4 | "I think I like you better this way."

Just as Luffy landed onto the mast of the navy ship, she watched as the criminals and okamas alike shouted her name dramatically, which somewhat amused her. Though she wanted to see what they'ddo next, Luffy didn't wait all that long before finally announcing her presence, as Bon Clay had passed out again.

"What're you all crying about? Shishishi."

She didn't quite pay attention to their cries of relief and opted to make a bee-line for Ivankov. "Iva-chan, Bon-chan fainted again." Luffy said with slight worry as she gently laid the okama down, "Is he okay? Can you take a look at him?"

Noting the urgent undertone in her voice, Ivankov quickly got up from where he was kneeling and set off to work, Inazuma following him not far behind. It didn't take the two of them long to see what was wrong with the okama. Thankfully, it was nothing serious.

"Vyou don't have anything to worry about, Mugi-girl. Vhe's just sleeping due to the fatigue vhe accumulated." Ivankov assured.

Luffy hadn't realized the moment her body had started to tense, but hearing Ivankov's prognosis made it all go away as her shoulders began to sag in relief.

"Oh, that's good to know." She breathed, "Thank you, Iva-chan."

Knowing that Bon Clay would be safe in their hands, Luffy retreated back onto the deck.

"Jinbe."

The fishman turned at the call of his name.

"How long do we have before Marineford?" Luffy asked, eyes locked onto the blue horizon, as though she could already see their destination from where they were.

Jinbe looked up to the sky and hummed in thought, "There should be about an hour before we reach the next gate."

"Then we better rest up before joining the war." The woman stated and slowly sat down on the wooden floor.

"Huh?"

Buggy, who was on the lower deck, managed to catch their conversation and started questioning them. He got more and more hysteric as he did, "What are you talking about? What war? You're taking us to a fucking war?!"

Luffy merely hummed and deigned to give the clown an explanation as she had other things to take care of - one of which was the cape that she used to carry Teach and his crew's decapitated heads. She had tied the cape to her neck so as not to hinder her movements; however it didn't stop the metallic smell of blood from flooding her senses. So Luffy was relieved when she finally got it off her back.

Carefully unfurling the make-shift sack, she looked over the contents to confirm that the features were still enough to confirm their identites.

"A-Are those heads?!" Someone shouted - probably came from one of the higher levels, judging from his obvious fear.

Another whistled at the gore, "Hell yeah they are! You go, girl!!"

"Holy shit, is that fucking Kurohige?!"

"Wait, wait, wait!! Don't try to avert the subject!" Buggy exclaimed, pointing at Luffy, "I know that there's an upcoming war between Shirohige and the Navy!! Are you bringing us there?!"