Chapter 3 | "Go on ahead, I'll catch up to you."

Falling behind alongside Ivankov, Luffy stood by the stairs. She had no intention of climbing up the steps before Magellan was fully out of the way.

"What are vyou doing, Mugiwara-girl!" Ivankov shouted, "Vyou need to run now!!"

"He's right, Mugi-chan!" Bon yelled over her shoulders, "Miracles are called miracles because they don't come often, you know!"

Their protests fell into deaf ears as Luffy watched Magellan, her adversary from long ago, make his way over to them. Instead, she transferred her friend over to the okama, "Please take care of Bon-chan for me, Iva-chan." She then smiled, "I can take care of this. Trust me."

Though he seemed like he was about to protest, Ivankov secured Bon Clay in his hold and nodded, "Vi don't know how strong vyou've grown in the years, Mugiwara-girl, but Vi trust vyou to know vyour own limits. Vi will keep vyour friend safe." He promised and stepped into the sidelines.

Luffy appreciated the faith he showed in her prowess as her smiled widened, "Thank you, Iva-chan. This won't take long."

"A bit confident despite having lost during our last encounter." Magellan, who had caught up to them, glared at her heatedly. "How did you survive the poison I gave you? You should've been dead by now." The warden spat, both figuratively and literally, at her, as he rushed to end their fight so he could contain the other prisoners upstairs.

He either took no notice or decided to ignore the fact that she'd changed since he last saw him. Maybe it's because he saw her together with Ivankov or maybe he just couldn't careless, she didn't know - though it was not as if she was all that curious either.

Luffy easily side-stepped the incoming purple, blob of doom, and for the second time since she woke up, Luffy found herself readying her fists for battle.

"Buso Koka..." She coated her hands in Armament Haki, letting it harden as they took on the shade of black with a tint of red. "Gomu Gomu no..." She reared her arms back, letting it stretch far more than a few feets behind her, before striking forward, alternating between both appendages as to not let the poison man any time breathe nor think, "Gatling!"

While her haki kept her skin from touching the poison in his body, Luffy could still feel the heat of it trying to chink off the black armour that's keeping her hands intact. She kept at it, her punches getting more forceful and faster each time, until she saw the man eventually going limp. The ragged breaths indicated that he was still on the edge on consciousness, but it wouldn't be long before he passes out.

"Hey."

At her call, Magellan stockily turned towards her, "Shiryu changed sides and joined the Black Beard Pirates." Luffy informed the man. His eyes narrowed and breath deepened, "I'll kill him, if he gets in my way. But if I don't, then he's your problem, 'kay?"

Not waiting for a reply, Luffy turned her back at the head jailor and grinned at the two dumbfounded queers. They had been ready to jump into the fray if necessary - Ivankov had slipped an Emporio Tension Hormone for Bon during the one-sided fight - only to see that it was all for naught.

"Come on! We gotta hurry!" She cheerfully prompted as she ran towards the staircase.

Just before she took one step up the stairs, Luffy looked over her shoulder. "Oh, and don't reprove that vice warden of yours too much, will ya? He never gave up until the end. Stubborn fella, that guy." and then she was gone, missing the way Magellan huffed to himself.

"I know."

✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

It was just as the mostly-okama group entered Level 1 did they realize the absence of their ringleader.