Prologue

I rest my head on my fiancé's bare chest, while looking at the engagement ring glittering from the pale light coming through the window in our room.

"What are you thinking about, baby?" My fiancé, Ryan, asks. His chest vibrates as he speaks, sending shivers throughout my body.

"Nothing. Just how much I love you, and that I can't wait for the day when I can call you my husband."

"Well, its only a few months from now. Have you told your mom?" He asks, and the smile drops off of my face.

"No." Is my simple response. I don't really want to tell her, because I know she's going to take a crack at my personality when she really shouldn't.

"You and your mom really need to stop fighting." Is he blaming me for this?

"What the hell did I do?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

"Nothing, it's not your fault. Your mom needs to see that she can't change your personality, and love you for who you are." He says.

"Yeah, you saw how well that went with Mel." Mel tried talking to mom after her breakup with Nicole, and it was hell. She seemed fond of this place, so after she graduated, she moved in and became roommates with Derek. She watches Jake while he works during the day, and in turn, Derek let her stay in the spare room of staying at his apartment.

Now that I think about it, he's stopped sleeping with girls left and right...hmm...

"I know, but you might be able to get her to listen." He takes his hand off of my back and runs his fingers through his already messy hair, and I shiver at the cold air on my bare back.

"What makes you say that?" I ask, pulling the blanket up a bit.

"Well, you got me to stop being such a hard headed idiot and finally admit I love you." He says, and I nearly flinch at the memory.

"By getting a cracked rib." I mutter sarcastically. Even after three years, my sarcasm hasn't eased up much.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up." He says, running his fingers through my fading purple hair. I should go see Kyle before the wedding day so he can dye it again.

"Its okay. But my mom hasn't changed her mind about it before, so why now?"

"Well, her oldest daughter is pretty much having the worst time of her life, her second oldest is getting married, and her son still lives with her and is putting up with her. She's going to have to sometime." He has a point.

"I'll try. But, we have to tell everyone else first." I say.

"Okay. We have to do that tomorrow then. Dinner at Smokey Bones?"

"You know it." Over the past few years, Smokey Bones has become our favorite hangout spot for serious moments and telling big news.

"Okay. So it's me and you, Mel and Derek, Chess and Axel, and Rachel and Damien." He asks.

"Don't forget Ian and Kyle!" I respond. "What about Darcy?" Darcy is Axel and Chess's daughter, and she just turned 3.

"Darcy needs to know. She can be the flower girl." He responds, reminding me about the wedding and making me smile at the thought.

"Okay. Well, I want to tell Mel and Dane at the same time, so I'll call him." Dane is my younger twin brother, and if I'm going to make a strong case against my mom, Mel and Dane have to know and have my back about it.

"All right, so how many people total?" He asks, sounding deep in thought.

"Let's see. You, me, Dane and Mel, that's four. Chess, Darcy, and Axel is six. Derek and Jake would make it eight. Then we have Ian and Kyle, and Rachel and Damian, so that would be...about 12?"

"Yeah, sounds about right." He says, yawning.

"Sleep, you're tired." I say, kissing his cheek. "I'll call Dane in the morning, probably very early to annoy him."

"Okay." He leans down and kisses me, eventually getting more heated, then flips over so he's on top of me.

"Round two?" He asks.

"I thought you were tired?"

"I'm not that tired." He smirks, leaning back down to kiss me.

"Good thing I'm off the rest of the week." I return the smirk.

Where's the plot? Just wait, its coming.

***

Ooh...sexy.

Hello again!!! How is everyone? Welcome to part two! The main plot won't develop until after the wedding, so be prepared.

So enjoy some pointless fluff until that happens, okay? Also, Dane is played by Anthony Padilla!!! *screams*

If you liked it, comment at your favorite part or when you have something funny to say, and vote!

-Ninja