Goodbye

"How can you be so selfish..." Alice murmured, drops of her tears falling down and hitting her gripped fists tightly, feeling as if they would bleed if she squeezed any harder. She was very angry, and felt pain go through her head as the voices continued.

"Alice..." Jack asked, reaching out a hand to comfert her, but pulled back when she took a few steps backwards to get away, clutching her ears as if to block out all the sounds although it wouldn't stop.

"Can't you hear..." She said quietly, cringing now, "Can you not see it! Can't you see Oz screaming through his crying!" Alice yelled, opening her eyes but still hearing the yelling of Oz's voice, screaming with pain and agnoy.

Please... Please!

No more! Stop it all!

I don't want to hurt anyone! I don't want to kill anyone!

Help me... Help me please!

Alice!

Oz's voice called out to her with desolation. Alice though, tried her best to ignore his words. It made her feel pain and she didn't like it at all. Oz's suffering, was her own, and as much as she wanted to help him, she couldn't.

Jack's face filled with anger as he yelled out, "I don't give a damn about what that kid feels! I need you to help me-"

"And do you think I'd agree to do that!" Alice asked with a serious face after wiping away the tears. Her face now showed determination and seriousness as she smirked, "I won't let anyone take Oz away..."

Inside Alice's head, a new voice countered over Oz's yelling, this voice sounded like her own, but she knew very well who's it was.

Alice! Let me talk to Jack! Now! He's calling my name! I have to speak to him!

But that was no good for Alice. She also knew very well of what would happen to her, the world, and Oz. She'd protect her, and Oz without hesitation, that even meant doing something she never would have thought of.

In her hands, she held a pair of sharp sisscors, and pointed them slowly her own way. It would stop the Will of the Abyss from grabbing hold of her body, and in doing so, everyone would come back safely. At least, she hoped, and put her life as the bet for this gamble as she smiled slightly and raised the scissors above her chest.

One more time, just one more time she wanted to speak to Oz.

Oz looked up from his pained position of his knees on the ground and saw a young girl in front of him. He already knew who this young girl was as his eyes widened. He opened his mouth to shout for her name and even took a step forward to run towards her, but for some reason, he couldn't, only being the listener to her words.

Alice looked at Oz and said gently, "I had fun, Oz. You showed me and guided me through everything in your world, and you became a great friend. Really, I'm grateful for that. In exchange, I protected you, right? But I'm afraid that'll have to end here... Oz, thank you very much." He could easily see her on the verge of crying, despite her wonderful smile that slowly faded, "Thank you, it was fun."

Oz realized this situation and finally took a step forward, shouting her name from the top of his lungs, "Alice!" His eyes were filled with horror and disbelief of what he had just seen before him. Right in front of his eyes, he saw a splatter of blood rise into the air as the girl in front of her fell to the ground, the puddle slowly widening and eventually reaching his shoes.

None of that mattered though. Did she really just lose her life? To protect the world from death, and him? In Oz's eyes, it wasn't worth it. Not her innocent life. Not at all.

Once more, he fell to his knees and let out a devastating cry that even Jack could hear inside of himself. He cried, letting the tears out without trying to stop them.

She was always trying to protect him, and apparently, she even sacrificed her own life. And Oz cared for her very dearly. She was the most important person to him in his life, and he knew that for sure. But he only realized this when she had fallen and was stolen from him by death.

He really did want to. He really did want to protect her. Really, Oz wanted to be that knight in shining armor to protect his dear Alice than it being the opposite way. Why did he never try to protect her? Why couldn't he?

"If I had just changed..." He said quietly, looking at Alice's laying body with despair in his eyes now, "You wouldn't have had to leave me."