𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙨

|||||

|||||

Tanjirou spoke little as soon as he returned back to the base, leaving Tamayo in charge temporarily before retreating back into his room, the last thing the others heard as the boy closed the door behind him was a sniff.

" What happened? " Yushiro was the first to ask, breaking the silence tension as the other demons start to return back to whatever they had been doing, trying not to glance at the former Uppermoon demon who has been staring at the hallway Tanjirou disappeared around the corner.

Akaza's eyes flickered to him. " Change of plan. Nezuko will be staying with the slayers for now. "

The tension in the air -- of what should been lowered -- suddenly spiking higher as soft but audible footsteps echoed in the main room. The other demons froze again, sweating in fear as they watched Kokushibou approaching the pink-haired demon with an air of unpleasantness. Akaza only turned his head to look at him, face stoic and sombre while Kokushibou supported a rather displeased expression on his; oh how the table seemed to have turned.

" The plan... was to bring Nezuko back. " The black-haired demon mumbled, six scarlet eyes seeking for explanation in a form of intimidating staring. " I cannot imagine...a scenario where someone as strong as you and Tanjirou...to be defeated by the Hashiras..."

" It's not like that. " Akaza snapped and Yushiro took a few smart step backs. " We talked with the Hashiras. -- the Water and Insect Hashiras -- and came to an agreement. Nezuko is to stay with them as our liaison in order to build an alliance with the slayer corps. "

Kokushibou's stare hardened. " Nezuko can barely speak...how foolish of you to leave her with potentially dangerous people...the Hashiras especially. They would not hesitates to slice her neck at one wrong move..."

" She chose to stay with them. "

" She is a child. "

" Taking her by force will only make us enemies to the slayers. Tanjirou didn't want that. "

" So he gave his sister away willingly? "

Yushiro turned around hastily to fetch Tamayo at the first swinging punch Akaza sent hurling towards Kokushibou -- who dodged easily and swiped his hand to cut his opponent's arm. Other demons shrieked and scrambled away, hurrying into other rooms to avoid the fight happening between two of the most powerful ones among them.

" Big talk for a man who left his family! "

" Quiet, you imbecile! "

It was so rare to see Kokushibou snarling in anger, to see his emotions taking over and sending other demons shivering from head to toes. As a matter of fact, ever since the top three Uppermoon came to join the rebellion group, everyone had been on their toes in fear, remembering the massive power gap between them and the top three. Kokushibou and Douma had retreated to available rooms, barely interacting with anyone until Tanjirou held a meeting of getting back Nezuko -- which had clearly seemed to take a turn.