Chapter 29: Mission to Dathomir

Amidst the eerie atmosphere of Dathomir, Jacyn and Selene tread cautiously through the aftermath of Grievous' attack. The planet's dense jungles and treacherous terrain are now littered with the wreckage of downed Separatist tanks and the broken bodies of Nightsisters and defeated battle droids. The echoes of recent conflict permeate the air, adding an unsettling layer to their mission.

As they navigate the remnants of the battle, Jacyn senses an unsettling presence emanating from a nearby temple. The Sith artifact they seek seems to be drawing them closer, its dark energy pulsating in the Force. They approach the temple cautiously, their lightsabers ignited, ready to face whatever challenges lie ahead.

Entering the temple, they find themselves surrounded by ancient ruins and the lingering aura of the dark side. Whispers of the Force swirl around them, and an oppressive darkness weighs heavily on their souls. Jacyn's grip tightens on his lightsaber as they venture deeper into the heart of the temple, the artifact's influence growing stronger with each step.

Suddenly, a surge of power sweeps through the chamber, and Selene staggers, clutching her head. She yelped in pain as she dropped her lightsaber. Her breathing was heavy. Jacyn turned around in horror and looked at Selene.

"Selene, what's wrong?" He asked.

Her breathing slowed down for a moment and her eyes glow with an unnatural intensity, and an unsettling smile curls upon her lips. The artifact has taken hold of her, its malevolent energy consuming her spirit.

"Jacyn," Selene's voice drips with a dark allure, her tone seductive yet filled with a sinister edge. "Do you feel that power?"

Jacyn stepped back. He started shuttering.

"Of course you do," Selene said as she smiled, slowly approaching her lover. "It's beyond anything you ever imagined. It's simply intoxicating."

"Selene, listen to me. This isn't you, it's the artifact and the whole temple itself."

Selene scoffed.

"Oh, come on." She said as she put her hand on his cheek. "You know I'm telling the truth."

Jacyn was nervous of what Selene would do next. She giggled as she kissed him deeply. Her mouth then gets close to Jacyn's ear.

"You want this as much as I do." Selene said. "Our masters have been holding us back and you know it, Jacyn. With this power, think of what we could do together."

She holds his hands. Her eyes locked with his.

"Join me, my love. Embrace the power of the dark side. Together, we can rule this galaxy and bend it to our will. We can truly be together and not hide our love from the Council. With that artifact, we'll be unstoppable."

Jacyn's heart sinks, torn between his love for Selene and his duty as a Jedi. He knows he must save her, but the path before him is fraught with danger and sacrifice. Igniting his lightsaber, he steps forward, a mixture of determination and sadness in his eyes.

"Selene, I won't let the darkness consume you," Jacyn's voice trembles with emotion. "I will do whatever it takes to save you, even if it means destroying the artifact."

A fierce battle ensues as Jacyn clashes blades with Selene, their movements fueled by conflicting emotions and the Force. Selene's attacks are swift and relentless, her skills amplified by the artifact's power. Jacyn fights with every ounce of strength and love within him, deflecting her strikes and desperately searching for a way to free her from the artifact's grip.

As their lightsabers clash, Selene's voice fills the chamber, her words a chilling mixture of seduction and malice. "Embrace your true potential, Jacyn. Let the power of the dark side flow through you. Together, we can forge a new destiny."

But Jacyn remains resolute, his eyes locked with Selene's, pouring all his love and determination into his words. "Selene, remember who you are. Remember our love. I will not abandon you to the darkness. I will save you, even if it means shattering this artifact."

As the battle rages on between Jacyn and the possessed Selene, the air crackles with raw energy. Their lightsabers clash with intensity, each strike sending sparks flying through the air. Jacyn's heart aches with each blow he lands, but he knows that defeating the darkness within Selene is the only way to save her.

Selene's movements become more aggressive and unpredictable, fueled by the artifact's corrupting influence. Her attacks grow faster and deadlier, testing Jacyn's skills and resolve. With each clash of their blades, he can sense her inner struggle, a flicker of her true self fighting against the dark presence that grips her.

"Selene, I won't give up on you," Jacyn calls out, his voice filled with determination. "I know you're in there, fighting. I'm here to help you break free."

Selene's possessed form snarls, her voice twisted with malice. "You fool! The power I offer is unmatched. Why fight against it when we can rule together?"

Jacyn's heart aches as he deflects Selene's aggressive strikes, seeking an opening to reach her. He draws upon his training, combining his physical skills with the Force, weaving his way through the flurry of attacks. His mind races, searching for a solution that can both save Selene and end the dark influence of the artifact.

"I love you, Selene," he whispers.

Summoning every ounce of strength, Jacyn channels the Force, focusing his energy into a final strike. With a mighty blow, he strikes the artifact, shattering it into fragments of dark energy. A blinding light envelops the chamber, and Selene collapses to the ground, freed from the artifact's influence.

Jacyn rushes to her side, cradling her in his arms. Selene's eyes flutter open, confusion and relief mingling within them. She reaches out to touch Jacyn's face, her voice filled with love and gratitude. "Thank you, Jacyn. You saved me."

As they leave the temple, the darkness begins to recede, and the presence of the dark side on Dathomir weakens. As Jacyn and Selene make their way through the wreckage of the battlefield, they are met with a mixture of relief and somberness. The defeated Battle Droids and downed Separatist tanks serve as a grim reminder of the recent devastation. Their footsteps echo in the silence, the air heavy with the aftermath of the battle.

Selene clings tightly to Jacyn's hand, seeking comfort and reassurance. Her eyes still bear traces of the darkness that had consumed her, but her spirit shines through, resilient and determined. They return to their Starfighters amidst the ruins, where they can finally catch their breath and process the magnitude of their shared experience.

Jacyn gazes at Selene with deep affection, his heart swelling with a profound sense of gratitude. "I'm just glad you're safe, Selene," he says softly, his voice tinged with a mix of relief and lingering worry. "I couldn't bear the thought of losing you to that darkness."

Selene's eyes meet his, a mix of emotions flickering within. "You saved me, Jacyn," she replies, her voice carrying a note of awe and admiration. "Your love and unwavering belief in me pulled me back from the brink. I will be forever grateful."

They sit in silence for a moment, allowing the weight of their ordeal to sink in. The scars left by their battle, both physical and emotional, serve as a reminder of the dangers they face as Jedi. But in that shared vulnerability, a newfound strength emerges, binding them closer together.

She searches Jacyn's eyes, finding the sincerity and depth of his feelings mirrored within. A smile tugs at the corners of her lips.

As they sit amidst the ruins of Dathomir, their hands clasped together, they draw strength from each other, finding solace in the knowledge that their love is a beacon of light that can withstand any darkness the galaxy may throw their way.