Chapter 32: Sabotage 

Jacyn diligently worked on his starfighter in the bustling hangar of the Jedi Temple. His astromech droid, R7-G4, beeped and whirred alongside him, assisting with repairs and maintenance. The atmosphere was filled with the hum of starships and the chatter of Jedi and clone troopers going about their duties.

With the final adjustments made, Jacyn wiped his brow and stepped back to admire his handiwork. "Good job, R7. The starfighter is ready for action," he commended his loyal droid. "I think it's time to call it a day and head back to my quarters."

As Jacyn made his way towards the exit, his mind filled with thoughts of rest and relaxation, a sudden explosion shattered the tranquility of the hangar. The blast reverberated through the space, throwing Jacyn off his feet. Debris rained down around him, and a wave of intense heat washed over him.

Jacyn slowly regained consciousness, his surroundings blurred and hazy. As his vision cleared, he found himself lying in a sterile, well-lit room. The medical wing of the Jedi Temple. He could feel the dull ache of his injuries, but his mind was still foggy from the explosion that had knocked him out.

He tried to sit up, groaning softly as the pain radiated through his body. His eyes darted around the room until they settled on Selene, who sat in a chair beside his bed. Concern filled her eyes as she noticed him stirring.

"Jacyn! You're awake," Selene exclaimed, relief evident in her voice. She leaned forward, her hand reaching out to touch his. "I was so worried. How are you feeling?"

Jacyn managed a weak smile. "I've been better, but I'll be fine. What happened? How did I end up here?"

Selene's gaze softened. "A bomb went off in the hangar. You were found unconscious near the exit. They brought you here to the medical wing. You've been out for a while."

Jacyn's memory of the events leading up to the explosion slowly came back to him. "The blast... R7. Is he okay?"

Selene nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Yes, R7 is fine. He made it out of the explosion unharmed. He's waiting for you in your quarters."

Relief washed over Jacyn, grateful that his astromech companion had survived the ordeal. He then realized something. "Were you waiting here the whole time?"

Selene's cheeks flushed slightly, a hint of embarrassment coloring her expression. "Well, I might have been a bit worried about you, so I've been keeping watch. I didn't want you to wake up alone."

Jacyn's heart swelled with warmth at Selene's concern. He reached out and gently squeezed her hand. "Thank you, Selene. Your presence means a lot to me."

A soft smile graced Selene's lips as she leaned in closer. "You don't have to thank me. We're in this together, Jacyn. We're a team."

As they sat in a comfortable silence, their hands intertwined, Jacyn's mind began to process the implications of the explosion. He realized that investigating the incident would fall to Ahsoka Tano and the droid Russo-ISC.

She approached Jacyn's bedside, a datapad in hand, ready to conduct her investigation.

"Jacyn, I'm glad to see you awake," Ahsoka began, her voice firm but empathetic. "I need to ask you some questions about what happened in the hangar. Do you remember anything unusual or suspicious before the explosion occurred?"

Jacyn furrowed his brow, his mind racing to recall any details that might be relevant. "I... I can't say I noticed anything out of the ordinary. It was a normal day in the hangar, with clone troopers and technicians going about their duties. I was focused on repairing my starfighter."

Ahsoka nodded, making a note on her datapad. "And did you interact with anyone before the explosion? Did anyone approach you or exhibit unusual behavior?"

Jacyn paused, searching his memory. "No, I can't recall anyone acting strangely or approaching me specifically. It was a busy hangar, with many people going about their tasks. I was mostly engrossed in my work, preparing to leave the Temple."

Ahsoka's expression turned thoughtful. "Alright, Jacyn. Thank you for your answers. It seems we still have much to investigate. The safety and security of the Jedi Temple are of utmost importance."

Selene spoke up, concern evident in her voice. "Ahsoka, do you have any leads or suspects?"

Ahsoka sighed, her features reflecting a mix of frustration and determination. "Not yet, but I'll be working closely with Russo-ISC to analyze the data we've gathered and look for any anomalies. We'll get to the bottom of this, I promise."

Jacyn nodded, appreciating Ahsoka's dedication. "Please, Ahsoka, find out who's responsible. We need to ensure the safety of the Jedi and the Temple."

Ahsoka met Jacyn's gaze, her determination unwavering. "I won't rest until we've uncovered the truth. The Jedi Order and its members must remain vigilant."

With that, Ahsoka left the medical wing, her steps purposeful as she headed back to her investigation. Jacyn and Selene were left to ponder the events that had transpired, their minds filled with both curiosity and concern. They knew that uncovering the truth would be vital not only for justice but also for the safety and well-being of the Jedi Order.

"I trust that Ahsoka and Russo-ISC will get to the bottom of what happened," Jacyn spoke, his voice filled with a mix of determination and resignation. "But for now, we must concentrate on healing and continuing our duties as Jedi."

Selene nodded in agreement. "You're right, Jacyn. Our duty to the Force and to the Jedi Order remains. We must stay strong and united."

With a renewed sense of purpose, Jacyn settled back into his bed, his eyes meeting Selene's. They both knew that challenges lay ahead, but together, they would face them head-on. In the tranquil confines of the medical wing, their connection deepened, intertwining their destinies even further.

As they sat in quiet companionship, the gentle hum of the Jedi Temple and the tender embrace of the Force enveloped them, offering solace and the promise of brighter days to come.