|| 26. Be My Girlfriend!

"It was Hagrid," said Harry as he walked with Y/N, Ron, and Hermione across the grassy courtyard, his brows furrowing

"It was Hagrid," said Harry as he walked with Y/N, Ron, and Hermione across the grassy courtyard, his brows furrowing. "It was Hagrid who opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago!" he exclaimed.

Hermione scoffed and shook her head. "It can't be Hagrid. He couldn't harm a fly, let alone open the Chamber of Secrets!"

"We don't even know this 'Tom Riddle,' Headboy and Prefect? Sounds like Percy," Ron added with a gagging sound. "Sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me."

Y/N rolled her eyes and turned to Ron. "The monster killed someone. Wouldn't you want to find the person responsible if you knew it was someone you cared about?" Y/N challenged.

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione suggested. The three of them stared at her in disbelief.

"That would be a cheerful visit," said Ron sarcastically, his voice dripping with drama. "Hello Hagrid, have you been setting mad and hairy creatures loose in the castle!?" he mocked.

"Mad and hairy?" a voice said, causing the four of them to turn around. Hagrid stood behind them, his presence surprising them. "You wouldn't be talking about me now, would ya?"

The four of them held collective gasps and quickly denied their words. "No!" they said in unison.

A tense silence hung in the air as they exchanged uneasy glances. Harry, attempting to change the topic, asked, "What's that you've got there, Hagrid?"

Hagrid glanced down at a green pot he was holding. "Oh, it's uh... Slug repellent. For the Mandrakes, y'know? According to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do, but once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em. Then, we'll get those people down at the hospital unpetrified."

"In the meantime, though... You four best be looking after yourselves," Hagrid said sternly. The four of them nodded in response, and Hagrid walked away, leaving them with lingering doubts.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N sat in the Potions Classroom, her brow slightly furrowed in concentration as she focused on the cauldron before her. She carefully added a few specks of Knotgrass essence, her nose wrinkling in response to the unpleasant smell.

"Miss Crimson," Snape's voice interrupted her thoughts. Y/N glanced up at the sound.

"Professor," she replied calmly, setting the small vial down. Snape crossed his arms, his expression stern.

"Madam Pomfrey requests your presence in the Hospital Wing," Snape informed her. Y/N raised an eyebrow, a hint of confusion in her gaze. She tilted her head, seeking further explanation. Snape, clearly annoyed, sighed and cleared his throat before continuing.

"It concerns Agil Crimson. School policy dictates that immediate family members be called in during emergencies—"

"I believe there's a misunderstanding," Y/N interjected, her gaze unwavering as she locked eyes with Snape. "I'm not related to her."

"Biological family," Snape clarified with a deadpan expression. "Go, I won't repeat myself."

Y/N let out an exasperated sigh, extinguished the flame beneath her cauldron, donned her robes, and headed for the classroom door to make her way to the Hospital Wing.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N stormed into the Hospital Wing, clearly frustrated with the situation and feeling like her time was being wasted. Madam Pomfrey approached her with a slightly furrowed brow.

"Oh, finally. Y/N, you're here—"

"Please, let's not drag this out. I don't have the patience for it." Y/N interrupted bluntly, causing Madam Pomfrey's expression to falter. She nodded and led Y/N to a curtained-off bed, and they stood in front of it.

Madam Pomfrey let out a small sigh. "This might be distressing." she warned. Y/N remained unflinching.

With a swift motion, the curtains were drawn back, revealing a petrified Agil lying in the bed. Y/N's mouth fell open in surprise, her brow furrowing as she stammered. Axel, who was standing beside Agil, had clearly been crying, and upon seeing Y/N, his expression turned to one of anger.

"What's she doing here?" Axel snapped.

"I don't understand," Y/N murmured, taking a slight step back. "I thought the monster only targeted Muggle-borns?" she inquired, turning to Madam Pomfrey for clarification.

"That's what we believed as well. Well, I'll leave you two alone for now," Madam Pomfrey whispered softly as she walked away and closed the curtains, giving them some privacy.

The three siblings fell into an uncomfortable silence, tension hanging in the air like a heavy fog. The atmosphere was so thick you could almost cut it with a knife. Axel, unable to contain his anger, broke the silence by abruptly standing up and stomping his way toward Y/N.

"You did this to her, didn't you!?" Axel accused, his voice seething with anger. Y/N scoffed, her gaze hardening as she met his accusatory glare.

"What are you talking about?" Y/N challenged, her posture unwavering as she looked down at him, standing slightly taller.

"Don't play dumb. You've probably conspired with Potter, haven't you? Sent him to petrify Agil?" Axel snapped, grabbing Y/N's collar tightly.

Y/N pushed him off forcefully, straightening her robes with a dismissive gesture. "You're out of your mind."

"That's rich, coming from you," Axel retorted bitterly. "Isn't it quite the coincidence that for months only Muggle-borns have been attacked, all except for one—Hermione Granger, your supposed 'best friend'. But Agil, a pure-blood whom everyone knows you despise, just happens to be the next victim? Don't feed me your bullshit!"

"It's you. It's always been you, you're probably the one sending voices into mine and Agil's heads as well, haven't you?" Axel accused, his voice dripping with anger. Y/N's brow furrowed in confusion.

"Voices?" she asked.

"That hissing noise, it's you," Axel said harshly.

"You're insane. As much as I despise the lot of you, why, pray and tell, would I petrify her?" Y/N retorted, crossing her arms defiantly.

Axel's jaw clenched as he continued to glare at her. "I'll prove it. Just you wait, Y/N. Everyone will know about your cruel deeds. Rot in hell!" With that, Axel pushed past her and stormed out of the Hospital Wing.

Y/N stood there, staring blankly into space, her gaze eventually shifting towards Agil's petrified form. Multiple thoughts raced through her mind, and a heavy lump settled in her throat.

TO BE CONTINUED...