|| 7. You're Special To Me

"We're gonna train with the Slytherins today," Davis announced, his voice carrying authority as he led the Ravenclaw team to the courtyard

"We're gonna train with the Slytherins today," Davis announced, his voice carrying authority as he led the Ravenclaw team to the courtyard. Y/N walked among her teammates, broom in hand, her expression displaying a hint of boredom as they made their way down the corridors.

"We're gonna work smarter, train harder. And for that, we need to check our opponents' strengths, watch them closely. They might be our friends, but on the match, they're nothing but foes," he declared with determination. Y/N stepped onto the grassy courtyard, preparing for the training session.

"What are the Gryffindors doing here?" a teammate wondered aloud, prompting Davis to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. The sight that greeted them was unexpected: the Slytherin and Gryffindor Quidditch teams were facing each other.

"What's happening?" Davis inquired as he approached the two team captains, Flint and Oliver, who seemed to be in a tense standoff.

"As I was saying... I've got a note," Filch interjected, holding up a piece of paper and handing it to Oliver.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give Slytherin team permission to practice today alongside Ravenclaw, owing to the need to train their new Seeker," Oliver read aloud, his expression turning tense as he absorbed the contents of the note. Nearby, Ron and Hermione walked up, drawn to the commotion.

"You've got a new Seeker, who?" Oliver questioned, his tone laden with surprise as he looked at the Slytherins parting to reveal a familiar platinum-haired boy, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Malfoy?" Both Y/N and Harry exclaimed simultaneously, their eyes widening in disbelief.

"That's right," Draco confirmed with a sneer. "And that's not all that's new this year," he added, his gaze shifting to the ground briefly.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s! How did you get those!?" Ron's incredulous voice cut through the air.

"A gift from Draco's father," Flint explained.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco taunted, his words dripping with arrogance. Hermione shot him a sharp glare.

"Draco, watch your tone," Y/N admonished him, her voice firm. Draco responded with a scoff.

"I'm right, aren't I, Y/N? Honestly, I can't even understand why you're still friends with that junkie," Draco retorted.

"Oh, please. At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione shot back, her words sharp and laced with disdain. "They got in on pure talent." The tension between the two teams was palpable, and it was clear that this joint practice session was going to be anything but harmonious.

Draco sneered as he approached Hermione, his gaze piercing and disdainful. "No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," he spat, the crowd gasping in shock as his derogatory words hung in the air.