Chapter 27

When I made eye contact with Cameron, I got off my bed and went to my bathroom, shut the door and locked it.

Nash walks up to the door and knocks on it. "Meggan, come out. Please. You need to talk to him." He said through the door.

"No. I'm not gonna forgive him easily this time." I said curling up in a ball on the ground.

It gets quite for a little until I hear footsteps come closer to the door.

"Meggan, please open the door. I want to talk to you." Cameron said sounding upset.

"Why? So you can yell at me some more? Or hurt me more? I'm fine. I don't want to talk."

"If you don't come out, I'm coming in. You have a minute." He said walking away. I stay in the bathroom but hide in the cabinet under my sink. I just hope I don't get to claustrophobic in here.

A minute passes and I hear a knock on my door again. I don't answer and just stay hidden. The knocking turns into banging. Which then leads to the knob wiggling.

"Meggan. Please open the door." Cam pleaded. I still don't answer him. I then hear more people come in.

"What's wrong?" Someone asked worried. Hayes.

"She won't answer me. She won't open the door." Cam said freaking out. In starting to feel bad but then again he did hurt me. Even if it was on accident.

"Meggan. Open the door." Hayes said through the door. I still stay quite. My breath starts getting faster but I don't budge.

I don't hear anything anymore. I sit there a little longer which was a terrible idea. My breath starts getting even faster and I can't move. I want to call out for Cameron but I can't. So instead I call out for Hayes.

"Hayes! Help I can't move and -" I couldn't finish the sentence because I lost my breath.

"Guys something's wrong!! She can't move!" I hear Hayes say. I hear them running up stairs and keys jingling.

They eventually get thee door unlocked and come inside.

"Where is she? Meggan?" I hear Nash say. I try making a noise so they can find me. I make a groaning noise.

"Under the sink." Cameron says.

Hayes opens the door and see me breathing heavily. He pulls me out and sets me on his lap. He's rubs my back while saying that I'm okay and to calm my breathing.

"Why would you go in there when you know your claustrophobic?" Cameron asked worried.

"I had to hide somewhere and I knew you'd look in the closet so I hid under here." I said not looking at him. He sighed.

"On a different subject, when are we going to the beach to watch the fireworks?" I asked feeling like a kid again.

"Around 7 ish." Nash said.

"Okay. What time is it now?" I asked.

He pulls out his phone and checks the time. "It is 5:56." I nodded my head as saying okay.

We leave my bathroom and everyone leaves my room but Hayes.

"What Ya doin'?" I asked. He shrugs his shoulders.

"I dunno. Wanna watch a movie?" He asks.

"I would but I need to get ready for tonight. Maybe some other time?" I said trying not to hurt his feelings.

"Oh ok. That's fine. I'll let you do your thing." He said smiling and walking out.