3: New Enemies (1)

December 24, 2066, 10:00 AM Moscow time.

Due to the information Trevor found yesterday, the upper echelons of the ISA, along with the ISA Valkyrie, are now in a frenzy.

"It's impossible that Helghast cooperated with Sangvis!"

[The physical evidence explains the collaboration between the two. Now this is no longer a probability, but a truth.]

Captain Garrison reflected in the hologram said.

"Then who the hell would have supplied them with petrusite weapons?"

[VSA suspects that this person supplied them with weapons.]

Garrison said, floating a picture of a man.

[Lieutenant general Ivan Curtis. He's one of Jorhan Stahl's cherished men and also his action leader.]

"Sir, you mean THAT Jorhan Stahl? last Autarch of the Helghan Empire?"

Trevor shook his head as if he were sick of it now.

"Captain, doesn't that mean Lieutenant General Curtis' men are on Earth? Then shouldn't we be armed more?"

[Yes, the current command has raised the risk of this operation by two notches. So the top decided to send 2 more members from the Black Squad.]

"Then, is there any change in the additional guidelines for action?"

[Not yet, but take action considering that the guidelines could change. Valkyrie out.]

*****

The straight road was empty enough to fit the expression of desolation. There were cracks everywhere because it was not managed, and grass was growing through the gap.

The light footsteps, the owner of the sound, were driving on the abandoned road. Carrying a case twice as large as his body, the girl ran as if she were being chased by something, scattering a twin tail of silver hair.

'Where did it go wrong?'

She was now running away, betraying her group and her sisters. In the group, she was a defective product. Where hatred is taken for granted, she has not been held alone.

Destroyer.

She hasn't done any destruction anywhere since she was released under the name of destruction.

She always had questions.

Why should I destroy?

Why should I have hatred?

Am I born into this world only for destruction and hatred?

That's how she had a doll who accepted her, who didn't belong anywhere in the group called Sangvis Ferri.

Nothing much has changed. Still, the rate of mission performance converged on zero, and there was ridicule and finger pointing every time she returned.

But what changed was that she had a family to go back to. That alone satisfied Destroyer.

But her happiness cracked at one point.

'...it was because of that.'

It was after the sisters were deployed to the S02 area. She don't know if it's an extension of the front or some kind of trick, but Elder Brain's control has weakened.

Dolls in maid clothes and certain humans came to them, who were preparing to break free from bondage. 

No, now that she thinks about it, they were too unrealistic to be human. Her sisters began to get weird after they had been in touch.

[// Warning, detecting error in mind map//contrasnflsntkagnosfp jwaif//]

The letters in her vision and the head-sounding warning sound interrupted her thinking. Destroyer inadvertently removed the window into a corner of view.

There must be a problem, but she wasn't afraid. Rather, she felt relieved. Because it meant she broke the bondage.

As she ripped off the location sensor, the access terminal was destroyed and interference from the outside was blocked.

At the same time, she boldly deleted some of the vast data that made up her mind.

The code that Elder Brain planted in all the iron blood dolls tried to take control of the rest of the space by rapidly replicating itself when the connection to the outside was cut off, but it failed in vain due to Destroyer's quick action.

Several layers of restrictions were placed to prevent them from being deleted recklessly, but in the end, the restriction was also based on the mind map. In other words, deleting some of the data that make up the mind map was like breaking the bottom of a sand castle.

Who dared to imagine, that she would remove herself from this world and be released from bondage. Even if it is not Sangvis's doll, beings who generally have self-consciousness do not instinctively do so. In that sense, Destroyer was already crazy.

-Bang!

A broken piece of asphalt splashed at her. Destroyer stopped running and looked around. There were signs of artificial dents on the road. It was a sniper shot. From the traces, it was flying from the 2 o'clock direction ahead.

She slowly headed in the direction of the bullet.

Walking slowly,

With both hands up.