1. Home (1)

Alpha Centauri A Vekta Planet, Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) Alpha Centauri Command, Vekta City.

8:30 AM ISA Standard Time, September 25, 2066

*

A spacious room, a man was sitting in a chair.

The interior of the room was simple and neat. In the center of the room was a large desk with its back against the window, and around it hung chairs, some furniture, and a painting.

There was a plaque on the desk, trimmed with a slightly blue metallic mineral.

[Commander of the ISA Navy's 7th Fleet, Vice Admiral Eula S. Paige]

He was not the owner of this room. The rank badge on his shoulder was a major, and above all, he was not a member of the ISA Navy.

The man wearing a black uniform and a maroon beret, not a blue ISA Navy uniform or a green ISA Marine uniform, got up from his seat.

He decided to look around the room because the owner of the room seemed to be late.

The man's eyes turned to the picture on the wall. Blue-oriented painting, he knew the painting well.

 Blue-oriented painting, he knew the painting well

Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh. It was a very famous work, to the point that even he knew he wasn't interested in art.

But he glanced at the painting and looked away.

The painting would not have brought strong direct sunlight and cosmic radiation here, so the painting in the room is just a copy.

The man, who lost interest in the painting, turned and headed for the window. The window occupying one side of the room added light to the white room.

With skyscraper, waterfalls, and ISA ships against the backdrop of the blue sky, it is the Vekta City, the capital of planet Vekta, and the one of the most populous city with 25 million people

In front of him was The Wall (also called as the symbol of the split between Helgast and the ISA), which was being demolished.

On top of that, the Mirage-5 space station was helping dozens of civilian and military ships get on board.

Looking blankly at the scenery, the door opened and someone came in.

The man instinctively turned and saluted. The vice admiral is the only one who can enter the vice admiral's office at will.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting so long, take a seat."

Vice Admiral Eula, who saluted face to face, sat down in her chair, and the man sat down again in the chair where he had just sat.

The vice admiral took out a yellow envelope and held it out to the man. The envelope was branded as class 3 confidential.

Class 3 confidentiality was not a very high class of confidentiality as a soldier.

It is a security level that can be accessed without any restrictions by a soldier in a man's position, especially in the midst of occasional involvement in secret AND top secret due to his job.

But after a moment of hesitation, he opened the envelope and began to read the documents inside.

It didn't take long to read the seven documents in the envelope. The face of the man who put down the finished document looked a little tired.

There was silence in the room, and the vice admiral, who saw his face in silence, opened her mouth.

"Major Trevor Reznik. Did you understand your duties?"

The man's name was Trevor Reznik.

"...Yes ma'am."

The vice admiral asked again.

"Do you agree with the judgments and decisions made by your superiors?"

"Yes ma'am."

"...Good, then sign here."

Trevor picked up Eula's pen and signed a document confirming the receipt of the mission.

When he finally stamped his fingerprint, Eula put the document separately in an envelope and sealed it. The envelope was also branded with class 3 confidentiality.

"Lastly, is there a question?"

"...No ma'am."

*****

Coming out of the office, Trevor saluted the military police who were standing, and headed for Dock No. 9, where the ship he was going to ride was docked.

Dock No. 9 was also very large among ISA's military ports, so he boarded a dock-only tram.

Trevor sighed in a square tram running at moderate speed. It's been about 30 years since he came back to his home planet, and he is on a secret mission.

On one side of his sad heart, he looked back at himself, feeling weird.

Anyway, it was better to have a mission to concentrate rather than wander on his home planet, where there was no family, no friends, or anything left to welcome him.

Trevor swept the stars that filled the space beyond the windows of the running tram and beyond the enormous structures of the harbor.

Young blue stars, aging red stars, and fading, almost invisible stars.

After two extrasolar war and the Vektan Cold War, the important stars that make up him were wiped out.

Of course, there were new stars, but it was far from enough to revive the stars that were losing their light.

Now the old stars are shining with their lives at the risk of their lives, and his nebulae, which had been weakly continuing their lives, will face eternal rest.

Arrived at the destination of the tram's Trevor and began to slow down. A tram stopped in front of a large dock, which was circulated by huge military ships.

[We're arrived at destination.]

At the same time as the announcement came from the speaker inside the tram, the door opened, and Trevor, who was sweeping the window with his finger, roughly brushed his uniform and got off the tram.

"Major Trevor Reznick? I'm Lieutenant Diana Cross. I have been appointed as your deputy this time."

There was a presence waiting for him on the tram platform.

The woman in front of Trevor was a deputy dispatched from the headquarters to assist in his mission.

Her face, non-human, doll-like, glossy long silver hair, closed eyes, and her beauty were very beautiful in Trevor's eyes.