Getting banished

"Simulation terminated. Simulation terminated." "No, no, no, no, no!" Mr. Waternoose shouted. Thaddeus Bile is standing on one leg, sticking his tongue out at the animatronic kid. "What was that?! You're trying to scare the kid, not lull it to sleep!" Mr. Waternoose shouted. The recruits sit in their usual chairs, taking notes. "I was going for a snake/ninja approach with a little hissing." Bile hisses. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's all about PRESENCE! About how you enter the room!" Mr. Waternoose shouted. Sulley bursts into the room holding Mary, and Mike and (Y/n) follow. "Mr. Waternoose!" Sulley shouted. "James! Perfect timing." He said. "No, no, no, no. Sir, you don't understand!" Sulley shouted. "Ah, now, show these monsters how it's done." Mr. Waternoose said. "What? No, no, I can't... Sir, sir, you have to listen to me!" Waternoose grabs Mary from Sulley and hands her to Mike. "Eeeh!" Mike said, and (Y/n) laughs. "Pay attention, everyone. You're about to see the best in the business." Mr. Waternoose said.

"Sir, I...!" Sulley said, trying to explain. "Reset the simulator." Mr. Waternoose said. "But-But, sir!" Waternoose positions Sulley on the stage and steps behind the control panel. The lights in the room dim, and the animatronic kid resets. "Good night, sweetheart." "Good night, mom." "Sleep tight, kiddo." Mike sets Mary down. She immediately runs towards Sulley on the stage. "Kitty!" (Y/n) gasps and runs after her. "Boo come back!" She shouted. "No, girls, no, no!" Mike shouts after them. "Now, give us a big, loud roar." Mr. Waternoose said. "Mr. Waternoose, there's no time for this!" Sulley shouted. "Come on, come on, what are you waiting for? Roar!" He replied. "But-but-but, sir!" Sulley persisted. Mr. Waternoose is determined. "ROAR!" He shouted. "RAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR!!!!!!" The animatronic screams. By now Mary and (Y/n) have reached the stage, close enough to feel the full impact of Sulley's roar. His glaring eyes and snarling teeth are genuinely horrifying. Sulley has become a gruesome, terrible monster. Terrified, Mary's and (Y/n)'s faces widen in fear and they run to hide. The recruits are impressed. "Well done! Well done, James." Mr. Waternoose said. 

Sulley sees them run away. "Boo? (Y/n)?" He asked. Mr. Waternoose and Flint escort the recruits out of the room. "All right, gentlemen." Mr. Waternoose said. "Right this way, everyone." Ms. Flint said. "I hope you learned a valuable lesson in scaring today. Read chapters two and three in your manuals. I'll see you all in the morning." Sulley finds Mary and (Y/n), hiding in the shadows, Mary is crying, and (Y/n) is standing in front of her protectively. "Girls?" Sulley reaches for (Y/n), trying to calm and reassure her. She and Mary struggle to get away. (Y/n) puts her hands out fearfully. "N.. no, Sulley. S... stay back...!" She said, stuttering. "(Y/n)? (Y/n), it's me." He reassured. She backs away from Sulley shaking her head and trips over a cable. Her hood flops open, revealing her scared face. Mr. Waternoose gasps. "The children!" He said. Mike rushes to explain. "Sir, they aren't toxic. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me." Mike said. As Mike continues, Sulley approaches Mary and (Y/n), who are petrified. "Girls? No, no, no, no, it's okay. I was just..." Sulley reaches towards (Y/n) and she slaps his hand away. "I said stay back!" She shouted, her voice is shaky. "Oh, no, no, no, no, no, don't be scared. That wasn't real. It's just a... I was just..."

Behind Mary is the bank of monitors, displaying a still image of Sulley's fearsome roar. This is the way hundreds of children see him every night in their rooms. This is what Mary and (Y/n) saw. Sulley looks down on (Y/n), who is crying now. "(Y/n)." He said softly. She takes Mary's hand and ran from Sulley towards Waternoose, hiding behind one of his crab legs. "(Y/n)" Sulley said. "...this scream machine and he was going to test it out on those sweet, little girls." Mike kept trying to explain. "Now that we have them, he is trying to kill US! This whole thing is Randall's fault!" Mike shouted. "Randall?" Mr. Waternoose asked. "Yes. And we can take you to his secret lab, which is right here in this factory." Mike said. Mr. Waternoose is stunned. He lets this information sink in. "How could this happen? Oh, how could this happen? Does anyone else know about this?" He asked. "No, sir." Mike said. "Good. This company can't afford any more bad publicity." He picks up Mary and (Y/n). "Now, before we do anything else, let's...take care of the children." He said. Sulley watches them with remorse. Waternoose flips the switch and the simulator door and ejects, just like the Scare Floor. It travels away on an overhead track. "Oh, I never thought things would come to this. Not in my factory. I'm sorry you boys got mixed up in this. Especially you, James. But now we can set everything straight again, for the good of the company." Sulley tries in vain to catch their eyes.