↳ 𝑐ℎ𝑝.4

As the Hogwarts Express chugged along the tracks, Alvena leaned her head against the cool glass of the window and gazed out at the passing scenery. The lush green trees and rolling hills of the Scottish countryside flew by in a blur, but she hardly noticed. She was too busy listening to her friends chitchat.
"It's not so hard to believe, my parents did say they were planning a big come back of some sort for some times now."
Sitting across from Alvena was Stormy Felts, a young Slytherin witch who's parent's are as cold as you could imagine. The girl was what a typical Slytherin child is, unbothered by most things and uncaring towards others, except her loved ones.
In first grade Stormy had commented on Alvena eyes, saying all sorts of things about them. This only ended in both girls fighting, while McGonagall herself tried to separate them. Only a few hours later, during detention, they somehow became friends.
"Well that was big for sure!"
Another person in the compartment, this time sitting right next to Alvena, was Mattheo Felts, Stormy'a cousin. Mattheo was a real heartthrob through the entire school but for some unknown reason he preferred to stick to his cousin and her pack. It's not that he doesn't get along with the other Slytherin boys, on the contrary, he just enjoy the peacefulness of their small group.
"I can't believe it, good thing I wasn't there."
Lastly there was Sage Mercier. Sage wasn't like the other Slytherins. I mean, yes she was cunning and sometimes self-centered, but unlike the others her parents weren't death eaters. Her mother was a proud member of the wizenmagot, while her poor father was a sqib, working in a backery back in London.
Her entire family came from France. That might be what interested Stormy the most when she befriended the girl. Felts was the one to introduce Sage to Alvena. It was only in their third year that the French girl picked up her courage to ask out Stormy, which worked.
"What about you, Alvena?" Mattheo turned to look at her, "I didn't see you after the commotion started."
Alvena, who had been focused on the outside world turned to her friends, seeing all their eyes pointed towards her.
"Oh well, I rushed to the forest as soon as it started and fell asleep over there. Somehow my mother found me and brought me back home. She wouldn't even admit that she knew about all this, she couldn't look into my eyes."
"That's just Slytherin parents for you," Stormy lightheartedly chuckled. "I bumped into mine when I was running away, they haven't talked to me since then."
"If only they were like Sage's," Mattheo complained. "It would be so much easier."
"What do you mean by that?" The said girl raised a brow at him.
"Come on, your parents are sweethearts. There's no complaining to do, I mean look at them. True love and happiness, I would kill to get that."
Sage scoffed at his words, "just because my family is just so great like you think it is doesn't mean we didn't go through hell too."
An awkward silence fell around the whole compartment. No one dared to speak another word, especially Mattheo who leaned back into his seat, turning his head to look away from the girl across him.
"So, anyone saw Theodore?" Stormy cut the weird ambience.
The four friends looked at each other, as if asking without speaking. Mattheo was the only one who chuckled lightly before replying to the question, "he's probably off snogging some girl in another compartment- Ouch!"
His cousin, sent him a kick, her eyes glaring fiercely at him. "It's only a rumour stop playing."
"So you've heard it too," the felts boy smirked. "I mean, who says they're wrong."
"There's a whole list after all," Sage joined in.
"See I'm not the only one who believes it," Mattheo shrugged towards his sister.
"You guys are pathetic," Alvena sighed, getting up from her seat with her small bag. "I'm going to change we're almost there." She left the compartment, not looking back once.
Alvena was never one for boy drama or just drama in general, it was too much distraction for nothing. On the other hand, as pure Slytherin's her friends loved to chat about the rumours circulating through the school.
The young girl made her way down the wagon, looking through the windows of the compartment in hope of finding an empty one. A few minutes later and a few wagon down, she finally found one and as she was reaching for it her eyes caught the grey ones of Draco Malfoy, who stood a few feet away.
"Alvena!"
She rolled her eyes and rushed herself in the compartment slamming the door behind. Sadly for her, a foot stuck itself between the door and the wall, not letting her close it fully.
"Ouch, that was a bad idea," the blond voice muttered to himself, pushing the door open to enter as well. "You didn't reply to my letters."
Alvena ignores him, reaching into her enchanted bag, in search of her school uniform. She laid it out on the seats around her, not minding the boy who stood arm crossed in front of her.
"Stop being childish, Blythe, just talk to me."
The black haired girl pulled her her jacket off her should, letting it slide to the ground. Beside her Draco, watched her naked shoulders, his eyes widening as she reached to untied her shirt. Quickly, the Slytherin boy turned around his back facing his friend.
"You know, I was really scared. When I saw the mark in the sky and the chaos around me, all I could think about was you. If you were fine, if you made it to safety, I just wanted to make sure you were ok." Draco looked down at his feet.
Meanwhile, Alvena had finally put on her entire uniform minus the robe. Her hands fiddled with the buttons, slowly tying them as she listening to the blond boy.
Suddenly, a hand reached for her wrist pulling her forward into the hard chest of Draco. His face only inches away from her own, he reached over to place a soft hand on her cheek.
"Bloody hell, Alvena, please... I care about you," his eyes traced her features. "Don't do this to me."
For a split second it seemed as if the girl would've apologized, but instead she slapped the guy's hand away, taking a few step back. She shook her head looking at him in a hurtful way, her pained eyes then locking on the ground not daring to look in his own.
"If you actually cared about me you would've warned me. You knew about all this, so why didn't you say anything, you just let me go as if nothing."
"No, I tried. I asked you to come with me, but..."
"But what, Draco? What?" She scoffed at him, "whatever."
She walked past the boy, going for the door but stopping just before she opened it. "Is Theo with you?"
"No," he muttered. "I'm sorry, Alvena."
With that she left the compartment to go back to her own, ignoring the panging feeling of betrayal that lingered on her heart.