Family traditions

Ripley's POV:

Eddie and me might have just picked out the greatest time to start dating. It's been three days since Eddie took me to Benny's Burgers and made it "official official". Since prom was about a week ago that means we have five days left of school. Only five days of bullying and torture from Jason and his minions. It was monday, technically 4 days left.

"RIPLEY!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"COMING!" I yelled back as I put the last finishing touch on my outfit, the necklace Eddie gave me when we were little. He told me he bought it from the mall but I'm pretty sure he stole it for me. I hadn't wore it in a while.

"So, did Dustin tell you?" I asked my mom as I sat at the table. 

"About what?"

"Me and Eddie."

"No, what about you and Eddie?" She asked with genuine interest. 

"Me and Eddie are dating." I said as I looked at the counter instead of my mom.

"Diane owes me twenty bucks." she said as she picked up the phone and started to dial a number. 

"YOUR BOSS HAS A BET WITH YOU ABOUT ME AND EDDIE?!"

"Yeah, actually all of my coworkers have bet on it."

"Wow, just wow." I said with a scoff and a smile. 

"And I'm assuming Dustin already set the ground rules?" she asked with a smirk.

"Yep, loud and clear." I said as I heard a knock on the door.

Eddie walked in the house and saw my mom. He ran over to her and hugged her. 

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." He said as he pulled away.

"It has been long hasn't it." My mom replied. "How are you Eddie?"

"Amazing Mom, better than I have been in a while." Eddie calls my mother mom because he feels like she is his mother. I always loved that about him. 

"So, you and Ripley huh?" 

"Yeah." He said as he hugged me. 

"LETS GO!" Dustin yelled from the door.

"Okay! Okay!" Eddie said as he hugged Mom goodbye. 

The drive to school was uneventful. Dustin was yelling at Eddie about the campaign they were having Wednesday and Eddie was becoming pissed off because he was trying to enjoy the last few times we would drive Dustin to school. I had completely forgotten we were graduating Friday. As the thought dawned on me I realized nothing would be the same after this. Robin was taking a gap year to save up for Indiana state college, Vickie was going to Penn state University, Eddie was going to community college in Indiana, and was going to Indiana state College. 

Me, Eddie, and Robin would stay in Indiana but Vickie was leaving. I wondered what would happen to me and Eddie while I was in college. Would we stay together? Indiana state College was only an hour away from Hawkins. 

"So, Taco Bell?" Robin asked.

"Um, yeah that's fine." 

Me and Robin were in second period. "When did we get in second period?" I thought to myself.

"Me and Vickie are going to Cali next week. We were going to ask you and Eddie but I know he has Corroded Coffin and you have Dustin to watch."

"I'm sure we could go for like a week. I would have to ask Eddie though and my mom."

"I'm just so spaced out, you know? Like one second I was a freshmen loner who was in band and now I'm a senior, about to graduate with my three best friends. Oh and I'm still in band"