-Chapter 2: You Are?-

No beta/rereading we die like the Confederacy 

Also sorry if some stuff doesn't add up to Chapter 1, it's mainly because I'm dumb/its been a while. 

-------------------------------------------------

"How well do you remember your childhood?" 

American perked up at the Other voice's unexpected question. Maneuvering in his chair more comfortably, the country picked up his coffee cup. Thinking about it, he didn't really remember his childhood that much. He only remembered bits and pieces of his parents. Parent. 

"No-, Why?" The states asked out loud at the voice. "Do you even know who I am-" The disassociated voice quizzed. 

"Dixie, who else?" America sighed, already tired of this. He even just looked tired, with eyebags under a tired expression. Even his clothing, still wearing his pajamas though it was late in the day. Ever since a couple of days ago, Dixie(Or Bloodstain) had been unnervingly quiet and unresponsive. Dixie usually annoyed him when he was working, or checking up on the other countries. Like right now, but in the past days, he hadn't. Why now? The US spun his chair around gently, whilst he stared at the report in front of him. It was quite a boring report, not much going on in the countryhuman world for him to be entertained. Just staring at a screen was tiring right now.

"It's actually Union.." The voice started lowly. America sat up in his chair at that, "Union? Like, me union?". "No, no, no. I'm Union, YOUR America." 

America rolled his eyes, "Dixie stop playing this game, I'm Union. Or-, at least I was." 

"No, no, no. You don't understand, I'm Union. My name is literally Union. I was you." The voice clarified with an annoyed tone. "What do you mean, "I was you?"." America immediately questioned, "Dixie just lay off, I'm trying to get work done." 

"Hey-! Don't associate me with this Northerner!" A new, but familiar, accent snapped, "Oh, well maybe you wouldn't be with me if you had actually died." The other retorted. The living country rubbed his templated, annoyed. "Well, "Union". Why are you here NOW? It's been over 100 years since Dixie has been with me."

"Well, dear brother, I just woke up. Here in your body-" Started Union, "What do you mean Brother?" America immediately questioned. Both voices fell silent before America groaned. It was too late for this, and for another voice in his head to annoy him. He couldn't even tell any of the other countries, for one he didn't want to bother them, and second, he would sound insane.

"Well, someone forgot their memory." the northerner frowned, "Y'know Confederate maybe you should've told him."

"I didn't even know! So,-" The southerner barked annoyed, "yeah- what do you mean "brother?". 

The older country sighed, taking a breath in. "Well, I and Confederate were erm..". Both of the other countries, specifically America, tensed as the northerner paused. "Twins, me and "Dixie", and..." Union stuttered obviously unsure of how the reactions would come, " After the "conflict"... America was born." 

"What?" America took a second to think, shocked. He was born in the 1600s. Not the 1860s. Wasn't he? Bloodstain didn't say a word, still thinking about it. Not being shocked, more just confused if anything. "You aren't my brother! I would know.", He questioned annoyed, Union groaning, also annoyed, towards the old south. 

"Just think about it, Ame." The older voice said gently... "Wait, wait, wait.-" America thought harder, "Then dixie. Who- really... are you? If you didn't even know-" he mustered out. "Confederate, you never told him?" The north muttered lowly.

"What do you mean never told me?!" The states snapped out confused."I'm Bloodstain!" The old South argued. "No, you're Dixie who else!" America blurted. "I'm not damn-" The south started,  "But you never answered "WHO" you are-!" America felt himself shake slightly. The south, nor North, saying anything further. 

With the two voices not speaking, which left America alone, he sunk into his chair further. He was born to his "Dad", Britain. His biological mom could be whoever, but he was raised by France and Spain. Wasn't he? He had no biological "siblings" besides Canada, and his step/adopted "siblings". Right? Then- Bloodstain, or Dixie, who was... If him... 

Even then, wouldn't the other countries know about all this? Even then, wouldn't this have happened to other countries not just himself? America gently stood up from his chair, taking a breath as he walked away from his desk. Walking from his office down towards his living room. 

Thoughts raced through his head as he leaned down to pick up the TV remote, and switched it to the local news. America trudged his way to his kitchen. Starting to cook a small dinner for himself. Placing a pot onto his stove, as he listened to the news behind him. His cooking skills may not be the best, but cooking always helped calm him. 

Setting a plate down in front of him with his meal, simple mac, and cheese with fried chicken. Set all neatly. 

America sighed once more, still not knowing what to think of everything. How was this Union character related to him, who really is Bloodstain? And why will neither elaborate further?  

"Your own sake" 

----------------------------------------

Sorry that this is short, busy but I got it done! 

I changed the story a bit, now it's not just focusing on Bloodstain/Dixie. Its more dead old countries, LMAO. 

ALso sorry if this chapter isn't that long, just trying to get stuff out.