5

Makhi Eatmon Jr. (Khi)
College Park, GA

"Im serious, Khi! I want to get out of here!" My ma paced back and forth in the kitchen.

"I just feel like that's unnecessary, ma." I shook my head.

"Because I worry about my son's safety?! Makhi, there is not a single night where I do not cry. Where I don't continuously go into your room to check on you. You just don't understand how much this is weighing on me. You're all I got now. You remind me so much of your dad, i CANT lose you." She said, leaning over the counter and placing her head in her palm.

"I'm sorry, ma. I'm not gon argue with you, we can move." I said trying to comfort her.

"Thank you." She mumbled before going into her room and closing the door.

The doorbell rung so I slowly walked over to the door and opened it.

"Man, I can't believe this shit yo!" Tae came in shaking his head. Sekani, Jaz, and Siah followed behind him.

"Shit crazy." They went into the living room
and sat down.

"What y'all got going?" I asked, sitting down in the couch.

"The police interrogated all of us. Trynna insinuate we had something to do with it." Siah made a face.

"I feel you bruh, they did the same thing to me in the fucking hospital." I shook my head.

"Tuck funeral really tomorrow... Can't believe it." Tae sunk into the couch.

I looked over at Jaz and her eyes were red and puffy. I could tell she been crying.

"I got something to tell y'all." Jaz spoke up.

"All ears." I responded.

"I'm pregnant, bruh." She said, pulling a positive pregnancy test out of her purse.

"What the fuck?!" Sekani yelled.

"Damnnnn." Tae looked over.

"Fuck all that, by who?!" I raised an eyebrow.

"BY TUCK." She yelled and started to cry.

The whole room grew silent. Everybody was shocked. Jaz and Tuck always acting like they hated each other. That shit was off guard asf.

"Well, since we spilling shit, ma dukes plan on moving to NC soon." I looked down.

"What?!" They said in unison.

"Yea, she don't feel safe around here." I started biting my nails.

"How soon?" Sekani questioned.

"Monday."

"NIGGA ITS FRIDAY." Siah yelled, getting frustrated.

"I know bruh, I feel how y'all feel. But, ima do whatever makes ma dukes happy. She letting me go to the funeral, even when she don't want me to." I said.

"Man, damn." Tae shook his head in disbelief.

"We growing apart, huh?" Siah added.

"Nah, it ain't nothing like th-"

"Yes it is! Between Tuck gone, you leaving, and Jaz pregnant we don't got shit left!" Siah yelled.

"How the fuck you mad with me because I got fuckin shot at?!" I yelled back.

"Cus you stay doing some dumb, reckless, hoe shit!" Siah stood up.

"I would beat yo ass if I could, get the fuck out my shit lame ass nigga." I mugged him.

"Nigga fuck you." He yelled as he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

"Y'all too, bruh." I shook my head.

"Fuck we do?" Tae made a face as he got up.

"Nothing man, don't take it to heart." I shook my head.

Jaz gave me a hug. Her out of all people knew Tuck was my dawg. Now she having his baby, man. This a fucked up ass world.

She let go and followed behind the rest of em, closing the door behind her.

I rubbed my eye trying not to cry, and slowly stood up, grabbing my crutches.

I walked to my room and laid out on the bed, just thinking.

I hated how my brain never turned off. I never got a break away from my thoughts. Even when I slept, I dreamt about the shooting. I replay the scene 24/7. The moment I ran over to Tuck's body, my subconscious knew he was gone. But, I refused to believe it. I'd do anything in this world to get 'em back. Even retaliation. But, that would just start a war.

once again, not proofreading. i'm just dropping back to back chapters. keep up.