56

The lights on the stage were very bright. Meng Chu faced Lu Jingan. She was particularly shocked and didn’t know how to react .

She was
thinking about how her ordinary boyfriend became the President of the Lu group.

Lu Jingan: “I couldn’t risk it.”

He continued, “At that time, you said that the requirement for your future husband is that h e should be an
ordinary person, so I acted like that. But I can also be regarded as an ordinary person, because the men the Lu family received their salary from
their wives.”

After he said this, he threw the washboard on the floor, and then slowly knelt down in one knee. “I won’t let you be angry. I will coax you so
that you won’t be angry, but you have to give me a chance!”

Lu Jingan pursed his lips: “I can create opportunities for myself!”

Meng Chu was silent for a while. If Lu Jingan didn’t act like that, she would have married someone else. After she got marrie d, Meng Chu tried
to call the system several times, but the system did not respond.

Knowing the situation now, the system looked dumbfounded.
Is this marrying an ordinary person?
He is richer than the male lead!

But Meng Chu had really completed her task. What kind of host did it encounter!

The audiences in the venue, as well as the audience on the live broadcast were all stunned!

— F*ck, this is an ordinary person?

— Meng Chu, hurry up and delete the Weibo post of your marriage announcement. Hahaha.

— This attitude of apology is too sincere.

— Today, the audience has really watched someone kneel on a washboard!

— Woo… Meng Chu, you should help him get up!

— If my boyfriend is like this, then I would admit my mistakes on our quarrels.

— The President of the Lu Group. I have never expected President Lu would show up on this occasion. Hahaha.

Meng Chu stooped to help Lu Jingan up. She said, “Give me the trophy. Let’s talk about this when we go back.”

Lu Jingan got up immediately, not forgetting to take the washboard, and then continued the process of giving the award.

When Meng Chu held the trophy on stage, her acceptance speech was brief: “Thank you for my fans’ support. I will continue to give you great
music.”

The the host opened his mouth: “No, no. How come your ordinary husband became the president of the Lu Group?”

After returning to Meng Chu’s villa, it was already late at night, and Lu Jingan was still in a state of anxiety. He thought that Meng Chu would
question him.

He would question his feelings, and might even ask if he pretended to be ordinary to test her.
As a result, Meng Chu said angrily: “Lu Jingan, you are not allowed to grab an investment from me in the future!”

Lu Jingan: “Ah, I didn’t grab an investment from you.”

Meng Chu finally said the investments that he snatched from her and then said “Don’t do it in the future!”

Lu Jingan finally felt relieved, and even smiled. He said, “I didn’t rob your investment. I wanted to help you. What’s more, I have given you
more. I’m all yours.”

Meng Chu drew closer and asked: “Why do you like me?”

Lu Jingan hugged the washboard tightly: “Do I need a reason to like you?”