Chapter 2 Dream Wedding

The next couple weeks left of school pasted by very quickly. Thankfully I was prepared for my finals and I feel like I past them all perfectly. Logan however believes he failed his English final which is more likely a lie. We have been deciding on eloping before the baby arrives just so we don’t have to be overwhelmed with everything all at once. I’m fine with walking down the aisle at eight months pregnant. We have agreed to have some family there just to make it feel more comfortable.

We didn’t have many summer plans. The main plan was the have the baby but also now to get married. In the mean time Logan worked full time at the grocery store as I would sometimes go into the station with my dad and pretty much sit around and do little things for him here and there.

“Skye are you coming in today?” dad asked as he walked into my room. I smiled at him as I slowly sat up.

“No sorry. Remember I get to spend the day with the wicked witch of the west.” I rolled my eyes as he smiled at my pain.

Today was the day I’ve been dreading for a while now. Logan’s mother Chelsea Myrtle insisted on spending a day together with me before the wedding and before I had the baby. I wouldn’t mind it but because of the pregnancy she believes I ruined Logan’s life and has hated my dad for years. They used to be friends. Weirdly she’s still friends with my mom. I don’t understand parents like them.

“That sounds like fun.” He sarcastically smiled. “It could be worse.” He added. I knew exactly what he was thinking.

“Mom’s coming with us.” I added before I fell back onto my bed.

“Well I wish you good luck. If you need anything just call me at the station.”

“Be waiting.”

After I got ready I waited until Chelsea came to pick me up. I really hated that nobody has let me actually drive in months now. I’m pregnant not deathly sick; I believe I can still drive. The entire car ride was really awkward. She didn’t really speak at all.

We arrived to her house where my mom was already waiting. I took a deep breath before I walked into the house. I knew I was going to be trapped in here with both girls. I love my mom to death and Chelsea has been like my second mother but they have completely changed. I can understand why but it’s been months now, they can at least pretend to be happy about their grandchild.

“Morning Skyler” Mary smiled as I walked into the dining room. She was looking at a book. I glanced at it and it was a bridal book. I rolled my eyes. Really, she can’t be happy about the baby but she’s fine with picking out a dress for me. Besides I don’t even want a crazy dress, I’m fine with a white summer dress, something simple yet appropriate.

          “Hey mom.” I smiled sitting down across from her. “What did you pick?” I asked looking at all the sticky notes.

          “Well we decided to have a little reception party after at the Royal Hotel but I’m just figuring out what would look nice for decorations.”

          Again, I rolled my eyes. “We all agreed that after the wedding we’d just go out for dinner with just us all?” I stated sort of confused. They have completely taken control of this wedding and blowing it up in my face. “Who are you all inviting?” I asked as I glanced at the piece of paper beside her that read ‘Guest List’.

          Mary and Chelsea both stared at me almost looking hurt by my words. “Well I invited some of my family and Chelsea’s. They want to be there to support you and Logan. Beside’s you haven’t seen everyone in a while. You’ve been with your father for a while now.” She harshly stated.