8 - Fuck it, we're only 16 once

~THEODORE NOTT~

I have come to the terrifying conclusion that I may be in love with her. 

I know. That's a lot of information to process, trust me I am barely processing it myself. Considering it has been a mere 2 weeks since I have actually been acutely aware she is a person of herself and not Laila's friend, it may be a tad soon.

I mean maybe not in love.

I am not too sure to be honest. But I feel for her at least.

She's kind, but not like a pushover. She's funny, has a good sense of style, can comfort me when I'm at my actual worst but doesn't make me feel as if I'm a burden. She's so fucking smart, and not just Ravenclaw nerdy smart but like actual facts that you need, and her notes are immaculate.  And she's insanely pretty. No, pretty doesn't cut it, no word really does. If you take the beauty of a full moon, the brightness of the sun, the calm of the water and the sparkle of the stars you have a fraction of what Lina is.

I don't want to come on too strong though, we have only been hanging out to smoke once in a while, so I was going to ask if she and her friends wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me and mine.

 I had left my phone in my dorm so I went back to get it before talking to her. These bloody stairs are awfully long.

"It's a date." Her laugh bounces off the wall and directly into my brain as I finally take my last step of the stairs. She was talking to Boot, again. What does he have that I don't? I honestly cannot see the appeal. "Oh, hi Theo, you okay?"

"Yeah, I am great," I say through gritted teeth. "Why do you ask?"

"You're kind of scowling," Her smile drops, oh no no no. "Anyway I kind of have to go, I will catch you later." And she makes her way up the stairs.

"Ay Nott," Someone says.

"Piss off," I say to whoever that was and make myself into the Great Hall and slam my bag onto the chair next to Draco.

"What's got your knickers in a twist? Merlin." He asks.

"I don't want to talk about it, is there a party tonight?"

"Mate, yeah, some sixth year in our house is hosting, something about asking a girl out?" Blaise replies.

"Calm, I'm going."

"You have truly become a party person recently," He remarks, passing me a sandwhich.

"Fuck it, we're only 16 once."

~~~~~

20:15, 9th November

@BetterZabini