《 Chapter 5: Separate Ways 》

After arriving at his homeland, Toad points them to the pink castle ahead. "This way, Mario and Y/N! The princess lives right on that hill.", Toad said before running ahead.

Mario and Y/N follow after him again. Some Toads punch coin blocks with their mushroom hat, causing the coins to fall out like ATM machines.

A red and white one tires from getting out a lot of coins he brings out. "Excuse me, everybody, coming through.", Toad said, shoving past the Toads.

"Got a big adventure happening right now. Just clear a path for us.", Toad continued. The red and white one dropped a giant gold coin after being shoved by Toad.

Mario picks up the coin, as the red and white Toad approaches him. "If I could just...", Toad said.

"Here you go.", Mario said, handing it to him and donning his cap. "...excuse me.", Toad continued.

Y/N helps up the blue and white one that fell to the ground. "Here, let me help you. Sorry about my friend.", Y/N said.

Once he's back on his feet, she and Mario follow after Toad, as many mushroom folks stare at them along the way. Y/N looks around the shops and the city in awe until it is ruined by Toad, who jumps and shouts at the folks, scaring them.

"Excuse me, everybody! Coming through! These guys' brother is going to die! Imminently!! Out of the way, please!", Toad shouted out. Mario and Y/N are instantly shocked and angered at what Toad just said.

"Hey!" Mario said, shrugging his arms in annoyance. "What the heck, man?! That doesn't make us feel less worried for his safety!" Y/N exclaimed, glaring at him.

Toad turns to them and gives off an innocent smile. "Just trying to clear a path. That's all I'm doing. He's going to be fine.", Toad reassured them.

"You better be right that he's okay.", Y/N said, calming down a little. A purple Toad passes by.

"Chanterelle.", Toad greeted. "Morning.", Chanterelle greeted back.

"Nice to see you, bud.", Toad said. A yellow Toad passes Mario and Y/N, holding Cheep Cheep in a plastic bag.

The fish, however, sneers at Mario, which startles him a bit. Y/N was amazed at this place, as she could see the antiques shop.

"Does this thing work?" one Toad asked. "Yes, works great. You just have to blow into it.", another Toad replied.

Going across a yellow, doorless, elevator-like platform, Toad enters. "And up we go!", Toad said.

"Wait, up?", Mario and Y/N questioned in unison. Seeing the black and yellow stripes on the bars, Mario and Y/N rushes over, jump, and land next to Toad, before the platform goes up.

They get onto another platform that moves across, and Toad and Y/N jump into another, as Mario follows. However, he grabs onto the edge of the platform as it moves.

Y/N quickly helps out and pulls him up next to her. Mario catches his breath as Y/N pats his back.

"You doing okay, bro?" Y/N asked. "Y-Yeah! I'm fine. Thanks.", Mario replied.

"We might need to hurry up.", Y/N said. Y/N and Mario chase after Toad, who has already scurried off.

They go up to the platform next to the green Toad as it moves up. They heard a whistle, turned to see Toad, and hurried after him as they ran across a floating brick road.

Mario and Y/N look down at it. "Whoa! Okay, so these bricks are just floating here? Uh...", Mario asked in shock.

"That's crazy!", Y/N said. They later catch up to Toad, as they stand near the clear pipe.