001 - the invite

extreme aggressor

________

    ODETTE MONROE walked into the house, where she met Agent Hotchner at the front door.

"SSA Hotchner, but feel free to call me Hotch. You're Monroe?" He shook her hand.

"Odette, please. But yes, I was told you guys caught him?" Odette looked into the kitchen.

"We think so. We're hoping someone can break him. You'll help with searching around the house?"

"Yes, of course. Anything to help."

"Here, follow me. I'll introduce you to my team." Hotch began to walk to the kitchen, Odette following shortly behind him.

"This is SSA Morgan," Hotch pointed his hand to Morgan, who gave her a slight wave and a smile.

"SSA Gideon,"

"And Dr. Reid." Reid smiled and continued to talk to Elle and Gideon.

"Good to meet you." Morgan shook Odette's hand.

"Yes, a pleasure." Odette smiled.

"Are you joining the team?" Morgan asked. Odette clicked her tongue.

"Ah, I'm afraid not." She laughed softly.

"Bummer. Our team is small. It'd be nice to have a few additions."

A few minutes later, Odette was in a room with Elle, Morgan, Reid, Gideon and a couple others. They were talking about password attempts on the computer.

"There could be an email, or a journal in the computer, something that tells us where Heather is. Do you think you can break in?" Elle asked.

"In 6 tries?" Morgan laughed softly and looked back at the computer.

"Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Gideon spoke up. Reid nodded, then looked up as if he was thinking for a second.

"Samuel Beckett."

"Try not. Do or do not." Morgan quoted back. Odette and Gideon looked at Reid in confusion.

"Yoda." He answered the unasked question of, "Who did he quote?"

Gideon turned around and saw a book on the shelf. He grabbed it and began to flip through the pages. He stopped at a newspaper clipping which had him on the front page. Gideon, Reid and Odette looked at each other.

"I wanna talk to him." Gideon began to walk out and everyone looked up toward him.

Odette and Reid walked out and kept investigating the house.

"I'm Odette, by the way. I don't think we got to introduce ourselves." She held out her hand.

"Dr. Spencer Reid." He shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you." Odette smiled. Reid smiled back and they went back to investigating.

"So, Hotch says you're like the genius of the team? Is that true?" She asked while looking through a book.