Chapter 13

- Los Angeles - 

It was more than obvious that Ty was not feeling very comfortable. He was standing behind one of the desks in the library, his hands clenched to fist, every part of his body showing clearly how tensed he was. His dark eyes were darting around the room, carefully checking the faces of the others. At first he had not wanted to join their little group of conspirators, but finally Amelia had convinced him that his help was truly needed - which in fact was not even a lie.

Of course that meant that Livvy was now there too, for she always seemed to know exactly what her twin was about to do. And Ty seemed to feel less uncomfortable when Livvy was around. Now she was sitting on the desk of the table, her feet dangling some inches above the ground. Her face was relaxed, her gaze fixed on Ty's face, as if she was trying to share her calmness with him.

Jules was sitting in one of the armchairs, while Emma had placed herself on one of the armrests. Grayson was standing beside them; his back leaned against the wall, his arms crossed in front of his chest. Amelia knew that the others had not been too pleased about the fact that she wanted Ty and Livvy to join their gathering, but she had insisted. She knew that Ty would never talk about their plans to anyone else, for he barely talked at all, and Livvy - well, she just had to trust her. In fact, she had no other choice. When Grayson had told her and the others about the fairies becoming suspicious, Amelia had feared that all their efforts had been for nothing. With every possibility being taken away from them, soon there would be nothing left they could do. So this had to work - or Mark would be lost forever.

Amelia took a deep breath and said, "Okay, so we're here because Ty's got something to tell us." She looked at Ty and he nodded. "I've been doing some research. About fairies and the Wild Hunt."

"As if we wouldn't have done that already," Grayson murmured and Amelia scowled at him. "Oh shut up!"

Grayson raised his eyebrows and she looked back at Ty. "Go on. He's just in a bad mood today."

Ty cleared his throat. "Obviously you didn't like my idea about the battles. And I can understand that; it wasn't my best idea, but given the very little time I had -"

"Ty," Jules interrupted him. "Get to the point!"

Ty gazed at him and for a moment Amelia feared that he would not tell them about his plan anymore, just because he took Jules' words as an insult, but Ty decided to ignore his older brother. Instead, he looked at Livvy, who smiled at him and nodded shortly. He sighed. "Like I said before, I can understand why you did not like my first idea. So I decided to look for books about the Faerie; about their rules and laws and stuff like that."

Ty took a thick book and placed it on the table. "And I found something about the Hunt." He opened the book, turned it around and held it up, so that the others could see the pages. "The fairies of the Hunt do not belong to the Seelie or Unseelie Court, which means that they do not follow their rules. In fact, the Hunt does not have that much rules - only one that is known."

Slowly Ty turned another page and Amelia held her breath as she looked at the pictures of wild looking men on huge black dogs and scary looking horses. The men - or the fairies - on the pictures had absolutely nothing in common with Mark. He was nothing like them. In all the years she had known him, he had never been anything else but caring and contemplative - there was no way he would fit in the fierce fairies of the Wild Hunt. The thought of Mark, who had to feel alone and lost wherever he was now, made Amelia shiver. She could not stand looking at the pictures anymore, so she dropped her gaze, while Ty continued, "We know that whoever joins the Hunt is not allowed to leave it, except he is given the permission to. And that can only do one fairy."