Chapter 13

Disclaimer: I decided to try 3rd person Pov on this chapter tell me what you guys think <3

July
Noah Cyrus

          "Luke?" asked Ellen as she walked into Luke's room at the end of the summer. "Let's go sit under the magnolia tree and have a picnic. Just you and me." She smiled happily at Luke as she held up a blanket and a picnic box.

            "Sure," Luke says back to her as he gets up and grabs his shoes which sat thrown on his floor and headed to the tree.
"Your living with jack next year right?" Asked his mom as they ate the sandwiches she had made. "Yes ma'am. We're gonna be in the apartment he shared with Ty."
"That sounds like a good idea." Ellen says before it gets quiet. She opens her mouth like she wants to say something but then closes it.
"What? You can ask mom." Luke says worrying his moms upset about something. "Do you miss her?"
Silence consumed the two as Luke thought of what to say. The subject was over a year old but somehow he still missed her.
"All the time." Luke said finally admitting to his mom the guilt and depression he's been stuck in since he left Colt behind.
"Maybe you should reach out to her. Your dad and I are worried." Ellen said her hand making it to Luke's hair brushing out all the unkept curls.
"I can't.. I ran out on her. She'd never want to talk to me again." Luke says scratching his arms from anxiety. "Did you take your meds this morning?"
After Luke's first season with the devils and with the falling out with Colton. He had gained anxiety. It wasn't horrible most days it didn't even bother him.
Like regrets leaving Colton. He knew she needed him and he had just left her. He tried talking to Jack about it the first week after he left.

"Jack.." he whispered into his phone. The season had finally ended and when it did Luke immediately left to Michigan again.
    "Luke." Jack said his voice a little harsher than normal. "I- I miss her." Luke said finally admitting it as his eyes glossed over.
    "Well bud you left her when she needed you most you left her. She's having a hard time here. Kats mom is dying and you left her." Jack says just above a whisper so Kat not Colt could hear.
     Jack was with them. He was coming home soon but he wanted to see Kat and check on her. "Is she mad?" Luke asked hope lacing his voice but jack just groaned.
    "Yes she's mad! You left her Luke. She's heart broken and you did that to her." Jack yells into his phone before hanging up.

     It took awhile for Jack to finally forgive him and when he did he still made sure to tell Luke how stupid he was.

     "Hey Jack." Luke said looking down at the floor as jack had finally arrived to the Hughes household after being with his girlfriend for a month.
     Jack froze for a second taking in his younger brother. Luke had lost all muscle in his body. He wore strong eye bags under his eyes which were bloodshot. He looked as though if a dog sat on him his bones would snap.
    Jack dropped his bags pulling his brother into him. "Bud what did you do.." Jack says tears falling onto Luke's shirt like a waterfall.
    "I'm sorry." Luke says before he breaks. Jack rubs Luke's back trying to get luke to stop shaking and to breathe. "I'm sorry I was mad."
    Jack felt horrible for his brother. He didn't know this was affecting him that bad. He looked around at his family who just started back with sad faces.
    "Come on bud. You should go lay down." Jack says guiding luke to the stairs Quinn following close behind. They guide Luke to his room.
     "Stay." Luke says as he slides under the covers. Jack sighs before looking at Quinn who just shrugs and slides into the bed on the other side of Luke.
      "I missed you Jacky." Luke said as he rubbed his nose on jack t-shirt which if Luke hadn't just been crying his eyes out earlier Jack would've scolded him for it.
      "Miss you too." Jack says giving Luke a kiss on the forehead before pulling Luke into him and rubbing his back. Quinn sat awkwardly on the other side but when he tried to get up Luke just grabbed his hand and told him no.
      After awhile Luke had fallen asleep and Jack and Quinn knew because they could hear Luke's light snoring. "You know he hasn't come out of his room for weeks. Moms been leaving him food outside his door everyday. Sometimes he'd take it but sometimes it'd just sit there and get cold before I brought it to mom."
     Jacks heart broke hearing this. He felt so bad for his brother. He wanted to fix everything but he knew he was only 1/3 of the actual problem. All he could do now was get his brother to eat.

     After a few more weeks Jack had gotten luke to start eating again. He still ate as little as jack and Quinn would let him but it was progress. He also started going to the gym with them again.
     Luke was getting better but the mention of colt always made him relapse a little. They kept away from the subject and when jack went to Kat and Colts house he only said he was going to Kats. Obviously Luke knew what that meant but it hurt less than hearing the name of the girl who seemed like she'd own his heart for the rest of his life.

AUTHORS NOTE
HELLO
I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED
I'm currently working on a playlist that should be ready next chapter. Each song will go with a chapter already written :)