chapter two: no sympathy

Hay! This is the second chapter! It's a bit short but that's okay, I'll try to make the next chapter longer! Also, please click on the beautiful face of kaitzishere above, she's one of the most talented authors I have ever met, she's posted some epic stories recently, waiting to be read by YOU! I promise she will not disappoint :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh my god, is she dead?” a manly voice asked. 

“She’s not breathing,” came a reply.

“Back OFF everyone!” a deep, woman’s voice ordered. It was Coach Rivers. Margaret wanted to get up, yet she couldn’t move. Sharp pains came from her face. Her eyes fluttered open. “O-oh, honey, stay lying down. I think you’ve bashed in your nose. It looks broken,” Coach Rivers explained, cocking her head from side to side, staring at her nose. She could feel warm liquid gushing down her face from her nose, traveling down to her mouth. The sharp metallic taste of blood filled her mouth. She winced. There was a thudding of footsteps, whispering, the squeaking of gym shoes on the floor, and moments later something cold and soothing was placed on her nose. 

“Gross! Man, is that her bone?!” someone shrieked, the voice sounding like Cameron’s, from Mason’s posse. There was a giggle.  She heard someone complaining about blood splattered all over the basketball. This was unbelievable! Did no one care? She was lying on the cold gym floor, her nose bleeding and bleeding, and no one seemed to care, except for Coach. Coach Rivers looked down at Margaret, lightly pressing tissues and some ice to her nose. 

“Can you take care of yourself? Do you need to go to the nurse?” Coach asked, slipping another strip of apple gum into her mouth. Margaret shook her head.

“I’ll be fine,” she muttered, slowly getting up and dragging herself to a bench in the corner of the gym. What was her problem? She was so stupid not to remember that 99% of the world hated her. Maybe that was exaggerating, but really, it felt like it. She didn’t have any friends, though there was one boy in her French class who talked to her at times. His name was Nelson Barnaby. He had short, light chestnut brown hair and dark blue eyes, and wore thick black framed glasses. He had braces till they’d been removed last month, raising him on the school popularity scale by a lot. Nelson was really into Star Wars and computers, and Margaret and him talked a lot during French. He was nice but even he had stopped talking to her a few days ago.

Margaret sat grimacing in pain on the side bench, thinking about her pathetic life. 

“Look out!!!” Coach yelled, and there was a deafening thwack right next to Margaret’s head. She blinked, snapped out of her daze. The basketball had almost hit her. Again. The ball hadn’t hit her, yet she felt a little dizzy and faint, as pain shot up her nose. Her mother was a doctor but she knew little about her situation. The nose felt like it had disintegrated yet she was quite sure it wasn’t even broken. After gym, she walked back to the changing room twirling the dial to open her locker. It popped open and she hauled her clothes out. She was all alone in the corner of the locker room, Samantha’s friends were changing at lightening speed, laughing about some inside joke, and three other girls she barely knew in her class were gossiping about something. 

“She’s such a wuss. The ball barely hit her, and suddenly she’s so mournful. And that happened in front of Mason!” Lauren exclaimed shamelessly, Samantha giggling next to her. Madeleine, Kayla and Alyssa burst in fits of laughter, clutching their skinny waists, their musical laugh spreading over the room. 

“What a total loser,” Kayla agreed, smirking. The four of them nodded in unison. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, that's it ;)  Throw me some comments! Votes! I need motivation :D  10 votes till the next chapter peoples, see you then!

Mwah!

xo diprox