9) Friends for ever

After Har and I finished eating my famous apple crumble we decided it would be good to ring Tina amd Peter. Peter was Har's male best friend and Tina was my female best friend. But we just hung around as a group really not putting labels on anything. Actually no that's a lie Tina and Peter love to put a label on their relationship, they were the happy couple. The happiest couple I knew, in teenage world that is. But that could have something to do with one of the only other relationships is David and Jessie so anyone's relationship could be better than theirs.

"I'll give you the honer of washing up while I ring Tina." I smirked at him before jumping off the kitchen bench and running away to find the phone before he could argue.

"Yes ma'am I'd be glad to." The sarcasm in Har's voice made me laugh as I dialled the number that I'd learnt off by heart. It kept ringing and ringing and by the sound of it Tina wasn't going to answer. All I could hear from the kitchen was the tap running and the squirting of the washing up liquid. God knows how much mess he was making with the foam and bubbles. I was so busy shaking my head and laughing silently at his childish behaviour I didn't hear Tina on the other end.

"Hello? Seriously Carrie will you answer me? Are you being raped? Oh my god is that why you rang and now you can't answer because he put a sock in your mouth or something? Will I ring the police? Yeah I better, I'll ring back in five." Really Tina?

"No, god wait Ti!" Har popped his head through the door to the kitchen and raised one eyebrow. He had that talent on his right eyebrow where as I could lift my left. He was probably wondering why I was shouting at the top of my voice down the phone. "If you dare hang up and ring the police I will kill you. This is a new low even for you Tina. Of course I was being raped I was just distracted." I heard her sigh in relief. You see Tina was the type of person who came out with really random things in the heat of the monument and sometimes the stuff she said was creepy.

"Was Har touching you inappropriately again?" Yes Tina was another one of my many fans that hoped, no prayed that me and Har would, end up married and having children. I don't think she would ever give up sometimes Tina even had Peter in on her little plans to get us together. As I said she was a creepy human.

"No he was not, he was just messing about with the washing up liquid so I was trying to figure out how much I would have to clean up afterwards." She laughed so I could tell she had thought of another inappropriate comment. "Don't even say anything."

"Anyway moving on, I haven't spoke to you since your mum left and trust me I feel like a crap friend about that. So how's it without a mother around and how's life living with lover boy?" I laughed, this girl would never give up. I think her life dream is to get me and Har together. In the kitchen I could hear plates hitting together and Har muttering the odd mild swear word. This is why his mum never gets him to do washing up.

"It's tough you know. I wake up expecting her to be there and stuff but she isn't and its hard, not being able to tell her abut my day or ask her abut hers. I just miss her, a lot. As for living with Har it's great, he's been great. I don't think I could ask for a better friend, well I could ask but I wouldn't get one. I don't know what I'd do without him or his family." Tina made a fan girl scream on the other end of the line.

"I knew it, your starting to fall for him. I knew it!" I sighed she had no idea about the bet and I didn't really want her to know, not yet it would complicate things.

"I don't mean to blow my own trumpet or anything." Har started walking into the room while sorting his invisible tie. "But I'm really that good of a friend aren't I?" I smirked ignoring him and talking to Tina again.

"So Har and I want you and Peter to come over in a bit we have the house to ourselves for a while so we can pop in some DVDs and popcorn or something. But your only invited if you bring Ben and Jerry's we're all out." Har laughed behind me but once again I ignored him. He came up close and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling my back against his stomach. I knew this was part of the bet but I couldn't help and settle into his arms with a sigh.