Chaos on the Island

On the next day, Val was woken up by the BRAD at the door, announcing that it was time to get up and be ready for today. Adding the part that Mae will deliver her breakfast soon. Val did as she was told, getting up from her bed, Val went to the bathroom to wash up. She was nervous to think that the bathroom may have hidden cameras inside, but to her relief, there was none, hopefully. She washed her face to get rid of the sleepiness before brushing her teeth. She heard a knock from her door after she spits her toothpaste from her mouth to the sink.

"Val? It's Mae, I'm coming in." The Behavioural Paleoneurobiologist spoke through the other side of the door.

"Okay!" Val called out to her.

Mae enters the room with a tray in hand. It has pancakes with butter and syrup, a cup of warm milk, a bowl of mixed strawberries and blueberries, and an apple juice box. Mae sets the tray down on a table and helps Val get to her seat. Mae informs Val that they will meet with Daniel Kon and Uberto at the observatory. They want to see her demonstrate her gift first before showing her to the investors. Val agrees to do as long as they promise not to hurt Mae and her friends. The Behavioural Paleoneurobiologist knew very well that Val cares a lot about them. Their lives matter the most. Val asked Mae about the other campers, wondering if they are all right and about the mercenaries finding the rest of the campers. Mae assures her that Darius, Brooklynn, and Sammy were all right and the mercenaries haven't found the others yet. Much to Val's relief.

After eating her fill, Mae helps Val get dressed. Her attire is a blue overall with a white shirt under it, and blue sneakers. Mae guides Val out of the room and towards the outside, where the BRAD-X was waiting before it escorted them to the observatory. Val felt her stomach churn a bit, feeling her breakfast was going to escape to her mouth, but she held it in. She knew what she had to do, in order to help her friends. They arrived at what appears to be an observation room, which is made of metal with big doors that are housing big predators. Mae had to leave Val in that room alone, which made the Behavioural Paleoneurobiologist very worried of the thought of leaving Val alone in this room while being observed by two cruel men.

"Val, whatever happens, do your best, okay?" Mae whispers encouragement to the little girl.

The little girl nodded her head as Mae gave another assuring smile. Val entered the room whilst the door closed behind her. Mae went over to the window to see Val standing in the middle of the room, alone. She then spotted Hap coming in; they both shared a brief greeting before looking at the window to see Val alone.

"You know what the big bosses are up to?" Hap asked Mae.

The Behavioural Paleoneurobiologist just shook her head, "Not much, all I know is that they want to see her talent in action." Mae gave a concerned look to Val's direction, "I just hope she will be alright."

"Same." Hap whispers in agreement which Mae heard but didn't say anything.

Across the room was another window of a private research room, where Uberto and Daniel were inside. Hawkes, Kash, and the supposed game hunters Mitch and Tiff (who are actually Dark and Owen in disguise) were also inside, watching Val. Owen was glaring at them secretly, wanting to beat the crap out of them for studying his niece like some lab-rat. However, he could not, knowing it will get them caught if he does so. He had no choice but to watch with a hidden worry in his eyes.

"Are they ready?" Daniel asked Uberto.

The son of the maniac nodded his head, "Indeed, they are waiting."

Dark and Owen aren't sure what they mean until Uberto pressed a button that opened two doors. Owen became pale at the sight of two giant predators exiting their cages. It was revealed to be a female Tarbosaurus and a male Yutyrannus.